Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Here running HSTouch on Atom based tabletops running Windows embedded. Also running MS SAPI speaker on these for local text to speech in whatever voice I want.

Same tabletops also run Squeezeplayer and Kodi and use these as remote controlled sound sources for distributed audio via Russound.

These run 24/7 fine for years now.

I do remote shut off the screens at night via Jon00's remote software.

Leave a comment:

• kenm
    replied
    In my experience, the HSTouch client can't run more the 2-3 days without requiring a restart. Doesn't matter if it's the IOS or Android client. I run both. Since I wake up in the morning earlier than my wife, I've resorted to quietly going around and closing and restarting the app on all the tablets every other day.

For my specific needs, as in, my media room, I have a wall-mounted Sonoff RM433 paired to a RF bridge running Tasmota firmware. The RM433 provides 8 buttons that talk to the RF bridge, which in turn, sends MQTT messages via WiFi that are picked up by the mcsMQTT plugin.

The labels aren't dynamic (created with a P-Touch label printer) but for me they don't change all that often. The solution including the magnetic wall mount for the remote cost me about $25US. I'll see if I can post a picture later today.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    I'm also in contact with Brilliant regarding the API for integration, but they are slow....

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Not to sidetrack, but how well does that integrate? Can you use the hardware functions of the brilliant, or just the touchscreen? What android OS version does it run?
    I have read here that the Z-Wave part can be integrated and control a light or such device, I never used it for that. The bright switch software is just an app running on the Android OS and the touch screen allows access to the Android OS. I had HS Touch running to control a few things. But like I mentioned it does need to restart frequently and as a result I stopped using it over a year ago. Not sure if the firmware has corrected anything or not by now. It also ran the SONOS app as well.

Leave a comment:

• mterry63
    replied
    Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this has been the bane of my HA existence for over 20+ years. There has never been a simple pug and play device for such things as the OP (and Others) are looking for. Just curious if anyone found a solution for this? I am using a brilliant with HS touch, just can't leave it running for weeks it seems. it does survive a few days then needs to be restarted.

https://www.brilliant.tech/products/...t-home-control as the OP posted above.
    Not to sidetrack, but how well does that integrate? Can you use the hardware functions of the brilliant, or just the touchscreen? What android OS version does it run?

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    You would think that by now there would be a ton of generic custom controllers for just this purpose. My only luck is with alarm systems and use the outputs to control things via SW events.

Good luck with your project. Please keep us posted on it's progress.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this has been the bane of my HA existence for over 20+ years. There has never been a simple pug and play device for such things as the OP (and Others) are looking for. Just curious if anyone found a solution for this? I am using a brilliant with HS touch, just can't leave it running for weeks it seems. it does survive a few days then needs to be restarted.

Don't be sorry - there's still no solution found

So I'm working on my own device. But this will take awhile since it requires a lot of funding.

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    I wound up implementing a software hue bridge as a HS plugin so my Brilliant’s see the plugin as just another bridge. That let’s me expose things like Tuya bulbs as just another Hue bulb as far as Brilliant is concerned. But yeah, had the same conversation with them about a year ago. It’s a shame they don’t see the value in such APIs.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by bsobel View Post
    The Briliant units don’t have an API yet, FYI.
    I know:
    Hi Alex, we do not currently have an API for people to develop on and in the short term have no plans to deploy one.

Leave a comment:

• bsobel
    replied
    The Briliant units don’t have an API yet, FYI.

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    There was a recent post in the how-to forum using the Nextion panel for this purpose.[/URL]
    Thank you, looks interesting. But it requires lots of DIY, probably more than using old mobile phone with HSTouch.

Also, I'm looking for the wireless solution

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-08 171807.png
Views:	493
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1319804

Leave a comment:

• Michael McSharry
    replied
    There was a recent post in the how-to forum using the Nextion panel for this purpose. This user elected to use MQTT as the interface protocol, but you are free to use REST or anything else you want. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-scene-switch

Leave a comment:

• alexbk66
    replied
    Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
    Just one more control/display solution....
    I sent enquiry to Elgato if they have an API I could use and can send me some units for testing.

BTW, how do you use it with HS?

Leave a comment:

• JB-dallas
    replied
    Correct.
    But I'm just mounting a stick PC on the back of the unit.

Just one more control/display solution....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X