No announcement yet.

Not expensive programmable wall touch/button panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can this be hardwired?Power and ethernet POE?

Comment

Tablet doesn't have network connection, only wifi and Bluetooth..
      Unless someone have idea how.
      I will be installing custom made pcb with 3 relays into 3 gang box and install tablet on top of it..

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Comment

I have not used then but this may work: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00AH5XC..._A.eqFb3R5H8AM
        i know there was a unit recommended for a Chromecast that did the same.
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        242 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        37 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Elon Musk just demonstrated early stage brain implant so the evolution is clear

Keypad
          Touchscreen
          Voice
          Brain

So HS9 will be controlled by brain. I personally went through the first three in the same order in the past 15 years. I have now GH appliances all over including outdoors. iPhone app doubles as and if needed. For me the keypads and framed tablets on the walls are things from the past.

Comment

[QUOTE=risquare;n1415517]Elon Musk just demonstrated early stage brain implant so the evolution is clear
            I have now GH appliances all over including outdoors. iPhone app doubles as and if needed. For me the keypads and framed tablets on the walls are things from the past.
            /QUOTE]

I have 7 GH (3 of them in main living room) - still I need a device to see the status at glance, and for kids/wife/guests.

Comment

alexbk66 are you only looking for a device showing status at a glance, or are you also looking for controls? If just status, there is the Magic Mirror 2 device which you could configure to use the MQTT Floor Plan module to show devices and their status. You can build this as just a display and use it to show pictures instead of making it a two way mirror.

I believe you want more than status, but figured I would mention this option since you stated status at a glance above. It is not off the shelf either, so I recognize it is a long shot.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              242 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              37 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units 1 display

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                alexbk66 are you only looking for a device showing status at a glance, or are you also looking for controls? If just status, there is the Magic Mirror 2 device which you could configure to use the MQTT Floor Plan module to show devices and their status. You can build this as just a display and use it to show pictures instead of making it a two way mirror.

I believe you want more than status, but figured I would mention this option since you stated status at a glance above. It is not off the shelf either, so I recognize it is a long shot.
                You are right, I'm trying to find or make a device which I can use to control, but the controls will be configurable from HS, i.e. (but with hard buttons)

https://www.tindie.com/products/luma...ide-assembled/

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-01-02T00%3A16%3A43.551Z-HASP_012.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1415571

Comment

Working...
                X