Not expensive programmable wall touch/button panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not expensive programmable wall touch/button panel

Just wondering if anybody can recommend a wall mounted small panel with buttons and small LCD screen, like C-BUS eDLT?
    So I can connect to HS via WiFi or ZWave, program the labels on LCD screen and trigger events from button press.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Clipsal-C-Bus-eDLT_HS.jpg Views:	0 Size:	30.1 KB ID:	1319278 Click image for larger version

Name:	1522401441474103.jpg
Views:	1005
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1319279

You might take look at Stream Deck from elgato.
    I haven't tried yet, but believe they could be wall mounted.
    The small one might fit a 2 gang box and the larger one in a 3 gang box.

https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck

Comment

Originally posted by JB-dallas View Post
      https://www.elgato.com/en/gaming/stream-deck
      Thank you.

I also found a couple:

https://www.brilliant.tech/products/...t-home-control
      https://www.tindie.com/products/luma...ide-assembled/

Comment

Or go with HSTouch for unlimited possibilities. If there's power in the box, store the power supply inside, then arrange a frame for any size pad. I've used Dollar Store frames, modified to fit; and more lately printed custom mounts on a 3D Printer.
        Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
          Or go with HSTouch for unlimited possibilities
          Sure I considered HSTouch, but it's too much hassle...
          I prefer a device with physical buttons and just programmable label text, so I can change the text depending on scene/mode.
          Which can fit into standard switch box.

Comment

I agree, HS Touch gives you unlimited possibilities. Being able to have other things on the screen, such as the weather forecast, current conditions, views from cameras, etc, really enhances the Home Automation.

But to be really useful, a larger tablet is desired. But for that small space like the OP wants, I was thinking of getting a used Android phone. Can be run off of a power supply, it is small enough, and will run the HS Touch client with no problems. Take the SIM out, and there wont be any carrier charges (but could still call 911).

Comment

It looks ok, but as I understand it connects via usb cable to Windows computer running Stream Deck software?

Click image for larger version

Name:	elgato-stream-deck.jpg
Views:	912
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	1319539

Comment

Correct.
                But I'm just mounting a stick PC on the back of the unit.

Just one more control/display solution....

Comment

Just one more control/display solution....
                  I sent enquiry to Elgato if they have an API I could use and can send me some units for testing.

BTW, how do you use it with HS?

Comment

There was a recent post in the how-to forum using the Nextion panel for this purpose. This user elected to use MQTT as the interface protocol, but you are free to use REST or anything else you want. https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-scene-switch

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
                      There was a recent post in the how-to forum using the Nextion panel for this purpose.[/URL]
                      Thank you, looks interesting. But it requires lots of DIY, probably more than using old mobile phone with HSTouch.

Also, I'm looking for the wireless solution

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-08-08 171807.png
Views:	784
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1319804

Comment

The Briliant units don’t have an API yet, FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by bsobel View Post
                          The Briliant units don’t have an API yet, FYI.
                          I know:
                          Hi Alex, we do not currently have an API for people to develop on and in the short term have no plans to deploy one.

Comment

I wound up implementing a software hue bridge as a HS plugin so my Brilliant’s see the plugin as just another bridge. That let’s me expose things like Tuya bulbs as just another Hue bulb as far as Brilliant is concerned. But yeah, had the same conversation with them about a year ago. It’s a shame they don’t see the value in such APIs.

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this has been the bane of my HA existence for over 20+ years. There has never been a simple pug and play device for such things as the OP (and Others) are looking for. Just curious if anyone found a solution for this? I am using a brilliant with HS touch, just can't leave it running for weeks it seems. it does survive a few days then needs to be restarted.

https://www.brilliant.tech/products/...t-home-control as the OP posted above.
                              -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                              X