Not expensive programmable wall touch/button panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skybolt View Post
    Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this has been the bane of my HA existence for over 20+ years. There has never been a simple pug and play device for such things as the OP (and Others) are looking for. Just curious if anyone found a solution for this? I am using a brilliant with HS touch, just can't leave it running for weeks it seems. it does survive a few days then needs to be restarted.

https://www.brilliant.tech/products/...t-home-control as the OP posted above.
    Don't be sorry - there's still no solution found

So I'm working on my own device. But this will take awhile since it requires a lot of funding.

Comment

You would think that by now there would be a ton of generic custom controllers for just this purpose. My only luck is with alarm systems and use the outputs to control things via SW events.

Good luck with your project. Please keep us posted on it's progress.
      -Skybolt

Comment

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but this has been the bane of my HA existence for over 20+ years. There has never been a simple pug and play device for such things as the OP (and Others) are looking for. Just curious if anyone found a solution for this? I am using a brilliant with HS touch, just can't leave it running for weeks it seems. it does survive a few days then needs to be restarted.

Not to sidetrack, but how well does that integrate? Can you use the hardware functions of the brilliant, or just the touchscreen? What android OS version does it run?

Comment

Originally posted by mterry63 View Post

Not to sidetrack, but how well does that integrate? Can you use the hardware functions of the brilliant, or just the touchscreen? What android OS version does it run?
          I have read here that the Z-Wave part can be integrated and control a light or such device, I never used it for that. The bright switch software is just an app running on the Android OS and the touch screen allows access to the Android OS. I had HS Touch running to control a few things. But like I mentioned it does need to restart frequently and as a result I stopped using it over a year ago. Not sure if the firmware has corrected anything or not by now. It also ran the SONOS app as well.
          -Skybolt

Comment

I'm also in contact with Brilliant regarding the API for integration, but they are slow....

Comment

In my experience, the HSTouch client can't run more the 2-3 days without requiring a restart. Doesn't matter if it's the IOS or Android client. I run both. Since I wake up in the morning earlier than my wife, I've resorted to quietly going around and closing and restarting the app on all the tablets every other day.

For my specific needs, as in, my media room, I have a wall-mounted Sonoff RM433 paired to a RF bridge running Tasmota firmware. The RM433 provides 8 buttons that talk to the RF bridge, which in turn, sends MQTT messages via WiFi that are picked up by the mcsMQTT plugin.

The labels aren't dynamic (created with a P-Touch label printer) but for me they don't change all that often. The solution including the magnetic wall mount for the remote cost me about $25US. I'll see if I can post a picture later today.
              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Here running HSTouch on Atom based tabletops running Windows embedded. Also running MS SAPI speaker on these for local text to speech in whatever voice I want.

Same tabletops also run Squeezeplayer and Kodi and use these as remote controlled sound sources for distributed audio via Russound.

These run 24/7 fine for years now.

I do remote shut off the screens at night via Jon00's remote software.

- Pete

Auto mator
                Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                  Here running HSTouch on Atom based tabletops running Windows embedded. Also running MS SAPI speaker on these for local text to speech in whatever voice I want.

Same tabletops also run Squeezeplayer and Kodi and use these as remote controlled sound sources for distributed audio via Russound.

These run 24/7 fine for years now.

I do remote shut off the screens at night via Jon00's remote software.

Pete Is that the Windows client or is there a specific Windows Embedded client? I'd love to get 24/7 for years stability.

Ken
                  "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

I called them, they act as a controller, so you'd have to have 2 Z-Wave networks. The lights on the Brilliant would not be seen or be controlled by HS.

Comment

Is that the Windows client or is there a specific Windows Embedded client? I'd love to get 24/7 for years stability.

It is the Homeseer HSTouch Windows client which works with any Windows OS.
                      - Pete

Auto mator
                      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by George View Post

I called them, they act as a controller, so you'd have to have 2 Z-Wave networks. The lights on the Brilliant would not be seen or be controlled by HS.
                        Yes exactly, when I was trying to get this to work with Z-wave there were some people on here that actually got it working as a 2nd controller on the primary network. But again I gave up on that part, was in the process of moving when I tried all of that.
                        -Skybolt

Comment

I would love to get hold of this guy's code and convert this over to working with HomeSeer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-3...oCfbnT2CDRhpz7
                          Karl S
                          HS4Pro on Windows 10
                          1070 Devices
                          56 Z-Wave Nodes
                          104 Events
                          HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                          Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                            I would love to get hold of this guy's code and convert this over to working with HomeSeer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-3...oCfbnT2CDRhpz7

Correction :https://github.com/hazymat/fleetwood

Check out this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCaBXJ9sSM Found here : https://github.com/SuperHouse/LightSwitchControllerMQTT

Eman
                            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I'm using a variation of Jon's light switches for my garage/woodshop lights. I used my LED backlit push button remote as a test of my modifications. I liked Matt Smith's unit in my post above for the programmable text on the display and that he is programming the functions on boot up from his central home automation system.
                              Karl S
                              HS4Pro on Windows 10
                              1070 Devices
                              56 Z-Wave Nodes
                              104 Events
                              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I have bought cheap 7" android tablet and will attempt to replace 3 switches on the wall with tablet installed instead them.
                                Previous attempt worked fine, but tablet started acting up and touch screen was not responding. Will post pictures shortly.

Comment

Working...
                                X