Jaysco Enbrighten Switch Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jaysco Enbrighten Switch Review

I was looking for a switch when the homeseer switches were unavailable. I saw the new GE switch, Enbrighten. I like some of the features. I do my own wiring, electrical work. It was kind of nice to not have to worry about the load and the line in. The switch is also a lot smaller, with a shorter profile. It was very easy to install and work with. The one question I had, was did the switch support Central scenes. After the install, I am happy to inform everyone that it does support the central scenes of homeseer. There are three on the top and three on the bottom paddle. I like the way the switch feels. Very happy with the purchase.

Just to clarify, are you using the Enbrighten dimmer or on/off switch? If the dimmer, I've read many amazon reviews that they are having issues dimming LED's. Just curious your experience.

Comment

I'm actually using both right now. I've had amazing success with both of them. They both have a central scene child device. They don't allow for the five tap solutions that the home seer switches allow... They only allow for three. Fortunately, I've never had a need for anything more than three. One of the main differences between the two, is the color of the LED. you can turn the LED off entirely with the GE light switches. Unfortunately, the only color you can get is blue.

Comment

Thank you for your reply. For your dimmer, have you tried dimming an LED load (bulb)? If so, have you had issues dimming them properly?

Comment

I have used two kinds of LED bulbs for my dimmer switches. I've used the stock LED bulb that my builder installed in the house. Unfortunately, I'm unsure as to what this LED bulb brand is. I have installed the Philips soft white BR45 light bulb. this light bulb works phenomenally well. I've had no flicker or hum from this light bulb.

Comment

Working...
          X