Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer's own TLS Certificates Have Expired.. Problems with Forums, Alexa, etc

HomeSeer has allowed their TLS certificates to expire (that was a big miss) and this has caused me hours of troubleshooting until I realized the root cause. Is anyone else sees this, chances are your problems are not your local HomeSeer setup, but the interaction with services that HomeSeer uses in the cloud that depends on this certificate (forums, IFTTT, Alexa, etc..)

The cert expired at: ‎Sunday, ‎August ‎25, ‎2019 6:59:59 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-25_23-14-42.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1322766

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-25_23-14-59.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1322767

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-25_23-15-29.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1322768
    Attached Files
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Jean-Marie G. Vaneskahian
    jean@vaneskahian.com
    ---------------------------------------------------

Their SSL provider should have reminded them at 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, 15 days, 7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, like mine does.

Hopefully they do not overpay as it is only $54 a year for a Comodo wildcard certificate.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up...wondered why the errors

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
        Their SSL provider should have reminded them at 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, 15 days, 7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, like mine does.

Hopefully they do not overpay as it is only $54 a year for a Comodo wildcard certificate.
        I use Comodo and I can assure you they do provide e-mail notification that the certificate is about to expire.
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Sorry for the glitch. Should be all set now.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

macromark Rupp
            The developer's plugin portal cert is still expired as of 10:02a CDT
            ​​​​​​​
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              macromark Rupp
              The developer's plugin portal cert is still expired as of 10:02a CDT
              Support tells me "they're working on it"....

Comment

Sorry about this error, it simply was a communication problem within our group. Half the servers were updated weeks ago when the cert was renewed but the others did not get updated. We have implemented some early warnings in our calendar for the next update, but that is now years away.

Servers are all updated now.

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
                  Sorry about this error, it simply was a communication problem within our group. Half the servers were updated weeks ago when the cert was renewed but the others did not get updated. We have implemented some early warnings in our calendar for the next update, but that is now years away.

Servers are all updated now.
                  Thanks Rich. It is unfortunate it expired on a weekend, but personally I didn’t think the sky was falling
                  HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Are people still having issues with ifttt? Since the certificate issue was fixed the forums are working properly and it seems most services (myHS etc) are working. But my HS/ifttt integration was not working.

Using the 'check now' button for the recipe on the ifttt website says "There was an error during the check process".

I figured out I had to 're-link' the service to get it to work.

Just in case other people are having the same issue: go to 'my services' in your ifttt account, scroll down to 'HomeSeer'. When the page of Homeseer recipes loads click 'settings' in top right. Then 'edit' beside account info. Re-enter your myHS credentials. That should fix the issue.

I guess this must update the certificate details or something.

Hope this helps people in a similar position.

Marty
                    iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Originally posted by mminehan View Post
                      Are people still having issues with ifttt? Since the certificate issue was fixed the forums are working properly and it seems most services (myHS etc) are working. But my HS/ifttt integration was not working.

Using the 'check now' button for the recipe on the ifttt website says "There was an error during the check process".

I figured out I had to 're-link' the service to get it to work.

Just in case other people are having the same issue: go to 'my services' in your ifttt account, scroll down to 'HomeSeer'. When the page of Homeseer recipes loads click 'settings' in top right. Then 'edit' beside account info. Re-enter your myHS credentials. That should fix the issue.

I guess this must update the certificate details or something.

Hope this helps people in a similar position.

Marty
                      My IFTTT integration automatically started working again when the certificates were updated.
                      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

My IFTTT integration automatically started working again when the certificates were updated.
                        Interesting. I even got an email from Ifttt about the loss of connection:

"We can’t connect to your HomeSeer.
                        Have you updated your password recently, or made some other changes? It could also be due to improvements that have been made to the service.
                        The good news: you can fix it.
                        Click through to reconnect."

Anyway, it seems to all working now.

M
                        iCore5 Win 10 Pro x64 SSD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 Windows

BLOccupied:,Device History:,Yamaha:,UltraMon3:,mcsXap:,Restart:,UltraNetatmo3:, UltraM1G3:,Ultra1Wire3:,BLBackup:,Harmony Hub:,DoorBird:,UltraECM3:,Nanoleaf 3P:,UltraRachio3:,Z-Wave:,SDJ-Health:,BLGarbage:,Blue-Iris:,Chromecast:,Pushover 3P:,EasyTrigger:

Comment

Alexa smarthome skill still will not link although home automation skill does.

Comment

If anyone is still experiencing problems from this issue, please contact support directly - thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X