X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• macromark
    replied
    If anyone is still experiencing problems from this issue, please contact support directly - thanks

Leave a comment:

• SteveHome
    replied
    Alexa smarthome skill still will not link although home automation skill does.

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Originally posted by sparkman View Post

My IFTTT integration automatically started working again when the certificates were updated.
    Interesting. I even got an email from Ifttt about the loss of connection:

"We can’t connect to your HomeSeer.
    Have you updated your password recently, or made some other changes? It could also be due to improvements that have been made to the service.
    The good news: you can fix it.
    Click through to reconnect."

Anyway, it seems to all working now.

M

Leave a comment:

• sparkman
    replied
    Originally posted by mminehan View Post
    Are people still having issues with ifttt? Since the certificate issue was fixed the forums are working properly and it seems most services (myHS etc) are working. But my HS/ifttt integration was not working.

Using the 'check now' button for the recipe on the ifttt website says "There was an error during the check process".

I figured out I had to 're-link' the service to get it to work.

Just in case other people are having the same issue: go to 'my services' in your ifttt account, scroll down to 'HomeSeer'. When the page of Homeseer recipes loads click 'settings' in top right. Then 'edit' beside account info. Re-enter your myHS credentials. That should fix the issue.

I guess this must update the certificate details or something.

Hope this helps people in a similar position.

Marty
    My IFTTT integration automatically started working again when the certificates were updated.

Leave a comment:

• mminehan
    replied
    Are people still having issues with ifttt? Since the certificate issue was fixed the forums are working properly and it seems most services (myHS etc) are working. But my HS/ifttt integration was not working.

Using the 'check now' button for the recipe on the ifttt website says "There was an error during the check process".

I figured out I had to 're-link' the service to get it to work.

Just in case other people are having the same issue: go to 'my services' in your ifttt account, scroll down to 'HomeSeer'. When the page of Homeseer recipes loads click 'settings' in top right. Then 'edit' beside account info. Re-enter your myHS credentials. That should fix the issue.

I guess this must update the certificate details or something.

Hope this helps people in a similar position.

Marty

Leave a comment:

• rprade
    replied
    Originally posted by rjh View Post
    Sorry about this error, it simply was a communication problem within our group. Half the servers were updated weeks ago when the cert was renewed but the others did not get updated. We have implemented some early warnings in our calendar for the next update, but that is now years away.

Servers are all updated now.
    Thanks Rich. It is unfortunate it expired on a weekend, but personally I didn’t think the sky was falling

Leave a comment:

• rjh
    replied
    Sorry about this error, it simply was a communication problem within our group. Half the servers were updated weeks ago when the cert was renewed but the others did not get updated. We have implemented some early warnings in our calendar for the next update, but that is now years away.

Servers are all updated now.

Leave a comment:

• simplextech
    replied
    Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
    macromark Rupp
    The developer's plugin portal cert is still expired as of 10:02a CDT
    Support tells me "they're working on it"....

Leave a comment:

• rmasonjr
    replied
    macromark Rupp
    The developer's plugin portal cert is still expired as of 10:02a CDT
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• macromark
    replied
    Sorry for the glitch. Should be all set now.

Leave a comment:

• langenet
    replied
    Originally posted by RoChess View Post
    Their SSL provider should have reminded them at 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, 15 days, 7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, like mine does.

Hopefully they do not overpay as it is only $54 a year for a Comodo wildcard certificate.
    I use Comodo and I can assure you they do provide e-mail notification that the certificate is about to expire.

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Thanks for the heads up...wondered why the errors

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RoChess
    replied
    Their SSL provider should have reminded them at 180 days, 90 days, 60 days, 30 days, 15 days, 7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day, like mine does.

Hopefully they do not overpay as it is only $54 a year for a Comodo wildcard certificate.

Leave a comment:

• HomeSeer's own TLS Certificates Have Expired.. Problems with Forums, Alexa, etc

HomeSeer has allowed their TLS certificates to expire (that was a big miss) and this has caused me hours of troubleshooting until I realized the root cause. Is anyone else sees this, chances are your problems are not your local HomeSeer setup, but the interaction with services that HomeSeer uses in the cloud that depends on this certificate (forums, IFTTT, Alexa, etc..)

The cert expired at: ‎Sunday, ‎August ‎25, ‎2019 6:59:59 PM

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-25_23-14-42.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	78.8 KB
ID:	1322766

Name:	Screenshot_2019-08-25_23-14-59.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	1322767