Which Alarm panel do you use with HS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Alarm panel do you use with HS?

So I have recently moved to a new house without an alarm system. I had previously installed an Elk M1G in my last house and it was a great panel, it had many features that I never used though and didn't have a great phone interface. It was Java based and always needed to be updated, it never seemed to just work all of the time.

Anyway, so now I am thinking of a differant panel, but not sure which one. What panel do you have and if you were to do it all over again what panel would you go with?
    -Skybolt

Here's my response to a similar question in another thread. I'd probably go with a DSC based on my experience with both Honeywell/Ademco and DSC. No experience with other panels though.
    Link
    -Wade

Comment

Three years ago, I replaced my old Ademco system installed by ADT with a DSC PC1864:
      https://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=products&o=view&id=3

Also installed the Envisalink 4 card into the DSC for control and status via the HS3 Envisalink plugin
      http://www.eyezon.com/evl4.php

In addition I installed several DSC wireless smoke sensors and glass break sensors. The existing wired door and motion sensors could be reused by the DSC. It's been running smoothly since. Here's a look at the HS3 devices created with the Envisalink plugin:

Comment

Thanks guys. I am leaning towards the DSC 1864. I can get that up and running for a whole lot less then a Elk M1G. and DSC's touch screens look pretty nice as well.

What is does the HTML interface look like? I can't seem to find a SS of the EVL4 in action.
        Last edited by skybolt; August 29, 2019, 02:59 PM. Reason: Typo
        -Skybolt

Comment

Not sure what you mean by NTML and SS, but here's what the EVL4's built in web page looks like:

Comment

DSC if you want quality and connectivity at a decent price.
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I have a GE Caddx (Nx8e) in two homes, works great uses only a USB to Serial Adaptor for 10.00 on amazon and HS3 plugin is free. So cheap wise I don't think you can beat it GE. I have never used the DSC but seems to be the most popular on the forums so I would say that would be a good choice also.

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
                Not sure what you mean by NTML and SS, but here's what the EVL4's built in web page looks like:
                My bad, typo NTML = HTML and SS = Screen Shot. very sorry, and thank you for posting exactly what I meant say.
                -Skybolt

Comment

Thank you for everyone's input looks like DSC has won! They do have a nice product at resonable prices.

My only question is how does the panel get programmed? Doesn't seem like they have end user software?
                  -Skybolt

Comment

You can program it via the keypad or with the DLS software. You can google "DLS v5 DSC" to find links to the software. Here's a link to the DSC installation manual:
                    https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17007

Comment

Originally posted by taylormia View Post
                      You can program it via the keypad or with the DLS software. You can google "DLS v5 DSC" to find links to the software. Here's a link to the DSC installation manual:
                      Thanks once again, I just applied for the integrator access. We'll see what happens I guess.
                      -Skybolt

Comment

Working...
                      X