Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBlinds installation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Right now they are all on or open as far as homseer is concern. Physically about half are perfectly open at 50%. The rest are slightly tiled down 5 or so degrees. When they are like this I don't even bother but they will get worst.

    Comment


      #47
      i just received my iBlinds kit -- got them installed without any issues!

      Does anyone use a switch on the call or something along those lines to control them from in the room?

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by bmsmithvb View Post
        i just received my iBlinds kit -- got them installed without any issues!

        Does anyone use a switch on the call or something along those lines to control them from in the room?
        I use multitap on a couple of switches for secondary control of tilt. My primary control is measuring brightness.

        Z-wave dimmers with no load attached should also work.

        Other controls:

        -Blinds close on no occupancy during daylight hours (preserve floor and furniture)
        -Blinds opposite TV close when TV is on (reflection)
        -Homeseer Mobile can override everything (an event turns off all automatic processes for two hours)

        Comment


          #49
          I was able to use a spare Lutron Pico remote! That worked pretty well. Just would like to use the "Raise" and "Lower" (by increment). I have not figured that part out yet.

          Comment


            #50
            dbrunt how are you showing HS4 grid in post 44 and using HS3 configuration? Jon00 links?

            Comment


              #51
              Originally posted by Bigstevep View Post
              dbrunt how are you showing HS4 grid in post 44 and using HS3 configuration? Jon00 links?
              HS4 grid? The first image is HS4 device view, not grid...
              The HS3 page is accessible via http://<your_ip>:<your_port/deviceutility
              It used to be the only way to be able to effectively edit status/graphics pairs in HS4 beta...
              HS4 Pro Edition 4.1.14.0 (Linux - Debian 10) running on Lenovo ThinkCenter
              Plugins: Z-Wave, SDJHealth
              Z-Wave via Nortek USB stick
              HA 2021.3.4 running on HA "Blue" ODROID-N2
              Add-ons: Android Debug Bridge, AdGuard Home, Duck DNS, ESPHome, File Editor, Glances, Home Assistant Google Drive Backup, InfluxDB, Log Viewer, MariaDB, Mosquitto broker, NGINX SSL Proxy, Node-RED, Portainer, SSH & Web Terminal , Samba, TasmoAdmin, UniFi Controller, Visual Studio Code, WireGuard, Z-Wave JS 2 MQTT
              Integrations: AccuWeather, Adaptive Lighting, Alexa Media Player, Entity Controller, Glances, HACS, HomeSeer, Insteon, IPP, Life360, Local IP, Logitech Harmony Hub, Magic Areas, Mobile App, MQTT, Nest, OpenWeather, Ubiquiti UniFi, Zigbee
              Insteon: 2413S Dual Band PLM
              Zigbee: zzh! CC2652R Rev A
              Z-Wave: RaZberry daughtercard on RPi 1B via ser2net

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by kideon View Post
                This is great! Hoping we’ll see price reductions I’d go for $100 or less per blind max. Now just need a cheap roller shade and curtain solution..
                A long time since your post. I have installed as projects, rollerblinds that are DC or battery powered motors inside of the tubes, FOUR times. From about 3 feet wide, to 12 feet wide, to 15 feet wide, from a company based in Vancouver. I don't know that they can be called "cheap", but they are worth what I paid for them and I like them, a LOT. More importantly, my wife also likes them. I drive some of the blinds with HomeSeer at sunrise and sunset as well as on demand from anywhere using a Z-wave controller they provided. Like you said, I don't have a financial link to them but I want them to stay in business so I can have yet another project ... Rollertrol.com gets you started. They have been the best combination of price and features I have been able to find over the years. I guess I should put together a webpage with videos and photos. I have had a lot of picayune things I want on my projects, and their people have been completely patient (very "Canadian") with me, and I am delighted with the quality and results. Oh wait, there's one of my projects on one of my websites - https://texarc.com/ . scroll down a bit. GLAD to answer any questions you might have.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by TexARC View Post

                  A long time since your post. I have installed as projects, rollerblinds that are DC or battery powered motors inside of the tubes, FOUR times. From about 3 feet wide, to 12 feet wide, to 15 feet wide, from a company based in Vancouver. I don't know that they can be called "cheap", but they are worth what I paid for them and I like them, a LOT. More importantly, my wife also likes them. I drive some of the blinds with HomeSeer at sunrise and sunset as well as on demand from anywhere using a Z-wave controller they provided. Like you said, I don't have a financial link to them but I want them to stay in business so I can have yet another project ... Rollertrol.com gets you started. They have been the best combination of price and features I have been able to find over the years. I guess I should put together a webpage with videos and photos. I have had a lot of picayune things I want on my projects, and their people have been completely patient (very "Canadian") with me, and I am delighted with the quality and results. Oh wait, there's one of my projects on one of my websites - https://texarc.com/ . scroll down a bit. GLAD to answer any questions you might have.
                  I found them in my search as well. All things considered it's not bad aside from the cost of the Z-Wave Controller but divide that up among the number of blinds.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by kideon View Post
                    I found them in my search as well. All things considered it's not bad aside from the cost of the Z-Wave Controller but divide that up among the number of blinds.
                    One thing I found as a drawback but perfectly acceptable - it has been rocksolid. But the Zwave interface device only controls one channel of a multi-channel system. So essentially each schedule needs its own zwave controller. I have it running the blinds that need to close at sunset and open at sunrise. If I want some of my other blinds to run on different schedules automatically, I will install a second of these controllers. If I was doing this on my 24-year old StarGate, which has opto-isolated relays, it would be a lead-pipe cinch to design any "events" (If this then that actions). But it would have to be wired, rather than mesh wireless. I've kind of backburnered that until I can get HS4 + Z-Wave to be as stable as it was before I upgraded to HS4. The lack of tech support responsiveness is really killing me. But it is important that you weigh the cost of multiple zwave controllers if you want to have a bunch of different schedules for a variety of shades. I would love to have one controller that can do multiple schedules. The other factor is that this controller can be directed with wifi as an option. https://rollertrol.com/store/en/155-zwave-controllers

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X