Win 10 IoT Enterprise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win 10 IoT Enterprise

Anyone set up Homeseer on Win 10 IoT Enterprise on Intel? There is a nice Lenovo with 4GB of RAM and Win 10 IoT Enterprise that looks like it might be perfect for Homeseer, but I'm not finding much on what the "restrictions" are with Win 10 IoT. So far it seems like it's mainly local keyboard/mouse which, since I intend to run it headless, won't bother me in the least.

It's annoying that there doesn't seem to be a clear delineation of what the "restrictions" are and if there are real restrictions, or if they are just matters of licensing but otherwise it works just like Win 10 Enterprise.

What is Windows 10 IoT Enterprise?

Windows 10 IoT Enterprise is a full version of Windows 10 that delivers enterprise manageability and security to IoT solutions. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise shares all the benefits of the world-wide Windows ecosystem. It is a binary equivalent to Windows 10 Enterprise, so you can use the same familiar development and management tools as client PCs and laptops. However, when it comes to licensing and distribution, the desktop version and IoT versions differ.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...iot-enterprise

Looks clear to me from Microsoft's informational page. It's binary identical, so can run the same provided the system specs can handle it. Restrictions on CPU speed, memory, storage probably exist towards OEM builders that preload the OS and decide on what hardware to put it.

Intel specs should therefore give you everything you need to know, but from software perspective HomeSeer should work fine.

Worst case, return for a refund

Comment

Working...
    X