Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Variable timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Variable timer

Hi all,

I've created an event that controls my greenhouse irrigation system, and all is working well with an event which turns the drippers off a specified time after they're switched on.

I would like to be able to vary the length that the drippers are switched on for (currently hardcoded in the event to 10 minutes) - is it possible to compare a timer value to a variable, or the value of another (virtual) device somehow?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but I'm stumped - thanks in advance for any help,

Aljrob

is your event totally controlling the on and off of the system,

if so logically this should work ..create one event to turn on when you want. Create a variable of when you want the system to shut down. Create another event to that shuts off the system when this time is reached ..you may have to do the comparison yourself using minutes as the unit of measure.

Thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Aljrob View Post
      I've created an event that controls my greenhouse irrigation system, and all is working well with an event which turns the drippers off a specified time after they're switched on.
      I would like to be able to vary the length that the drippers are switched on
      Can you post a screen shot of your event? I think that would help me to better understand what you are doing.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

. . .is it possible to compare a timer value to a variable, or the value of another (virtual) device somehow?
        The EasyTrigger plug-in will allow you to compare the value of a timer device (You have to have HS create a virtual device for each timer.) and the value of any other device. That might do what you want.

Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF, Rain8Net+ | RFXCOM | QSE100D | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | X10: XTB-232, -IIR | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3

Comment

You can also use scripting to accomplish what you need.
          HS 3.0.0.548: 1990 Devices 1172 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.1.262: 126 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
            Can you post a screen shot of your event? I think that would help me to better understand what you are doing.
            No problem, thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	51
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	1324937

I've circled in red the 10 minute value which at the moment is set statically. What I'd really like to do essentially is to compare the timer value to a virtual device which can take an integer value from, say, 1-60 which is then used as the number of minutes of drippers are allowed to be ON before the event turns drippers OFF. This way I could use e.g. Imperihome to adjust the duration of watering rather than having to go into Homeseer and change the stop timer value in the event.

Seems - in my own mind at least! - straightforward but can't see how to action this in practise.

Aljrob

Comment

You can definitely do what you want with EasyTrigger. (You may have to specify the time in seconds. It appears that is how the device stores the timer value.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	compare.PNG Views:	0 Size:	111.7 KB ID:	1324940
              Last edited by Uncle Michael; September 8th, 2019, 07:54 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Michael View Post
                You can definitely do what you want with EasyTrigger. (You may have to specify the time in seconds. It appears that is how the device stores the timer value.)
                That’s amazing, THANK YOU! Exactly what I was looking for.

I hadn’t realised that timers counted as devices for the purposes of EasyTrigger events, and there’s no way I’d have figured it out without your help Mike.

Comment

I hadn’t realised that timers counted as devices for the purposes of EasyTrigger events, and there’s no way I’d have figured it out without your help Mike.
                  Timers do not behave as devices by default, but you can have HS create a device for each counter and timer by checking the box in Setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	1325207

Comment

Working...
                  X