BMW Connected integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BMW Connected integration

Has anyone out there managed to hook into BMW Connected to bring data about their car into Homeseer? I have an i3 and want to get the battery charge data in Homeseer to use along with my solar PV and Tesla Powerwall data.
    There are examples in Github for Home Assistant in Python, Powershell etc but nothing in vb.net and I’ll struggle with those languages.

If you have Node-RED and MQTT in HomeSeer and while you wait for a better solution, take a look at this : https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-car-bmw

Edit : And add it to this post here : https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...ers-using-mqtt

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

I also have an i3 and a Plug-in would be wonderful!

Comment

You need two components to make it happen

1. BMW API. While BMW didn't release it officially someone reversed engineered it and published it here with a very good narrative

https://github.com/edent/BMW-i-Remote#get-vehicle-data

2. Big5 plug-in for HS3 that deals with APIs. Big5 dedicated forum has a bunch of API enthusiasts (myself included) who are volunteering help to adopt new APIs in case you need help.

Comment

Originally posted by risquare View Post
          You need two components to make it happen

1. BMW API. While BMW didn't release it officially someone reversed engineered it and published it here with a very good narrative

https://github.com/edent/BMW-i-Remote#get-vehicle-data

2. Big5 plug-in for HS3 that deals with APIs. Big5 dedicated forum has a bunch of API enthusiasts (myself included) who are volunteering help to adopt new APIs in case you need help.
          Thanks but iRemote was superceeded by Connected. Big5 sounds interesting but if I can I’ll write my own (free) scripts, assuming I can figure out how to do it in vb.net.

Comment

I have made some progress in that I have a python script that works. It gets an authentication token and uses it to query the BMW api then writes my car's data to a text file. I then have a vb.net script to read it into HS3.
            But I don't like it. I'd like to convert it to vb.net from python but have so far failed. I've asked for help in the forum here:
            https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...ript-to-vb-net

When I get further I will post it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
              I have made some progress in that I have a python script that works. It gets an authentication token and uses it to query the BMW api then writes my car's data to a text file. I then have a vb.net script to read it into HS3.
              But I don't like it. I'd like to convert it to vb.net from python but have so far failed. I've asked for help in the forum here:
              https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...ript-to-vb-net

When I get further I will post it here.
              Any progress with this project? I'm getting new G21 330e early next January so I would also be interested in integrating my new BMW into HS.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post

Any progress with this project? I'm getting new G21 330e early next January so I would also be interested in integrating my new BMW into HS.
                I didn't manage to get a VB.net script to work but the python script does what I need (to read in data from the car) It writes into an Access database and then a VB.net script reads it into Homeseer virtual devices. So not ideal, but it works.

Comment

I didn't manage to get a VB.net script to work but the python script does what I need (to read in data from the car) It writes into an Access database and then a VB.net script reads it into Homeseer virtual devices. So not ideal, but it works.
                  OK, thanks for the update. Once I get my new car I would be interested in getting your python script. I'm not either expert with python so conversion to vb.net could be too difficult for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post

OK, thanks for the update. Once I get my new car I would be interested in getting your python script. I'm not either expert with python so conversion to vb.net could be too difficult for me.
                    Let me know when you have the car and I'll send you my scripts with some instructions.

Comment

Let me know when you have the car and I'll send you my scripts with some instructions.
                      Great, many thanks. I guess once I get the VIN number for my car from my BMW dealer I can start using BMW Connected.

Comment

Hi, is it possible to share this solution? I also would like to integrate my BMW into Homeseer.
                        Thanks!

Jos

Comment

Originally posted by herbus View Post
                          Hi, is it possible to share this solution? I also would like to integrate my BMW into Homeseer.
                          Thanks!

Jos
                          Hi Jos

OK but I warn you, it isn't pretty (but it does work) I'll remind myself of what it does and how and I'll post it here. Note that I have a BMW i3 so the data returned from the API may differ from yours if you have a different model but it will at least be something for you to work with.

Jez

Comment

Hi Jos

OK but I warn you, it isn't pretty (but it does work) I'll remind myself of what it does and how and I'll post it here. Note that I have a BMW i3 so the data returned from the API may differ from yours if you have a different model but it will at least be something for you to work with.

Jez
                            That would be great Jez!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Hi Jez,

I will get my 330e in two weeks time so I wonder whether you could share the scripts and instructions. Thanks in advance.

Jari

Comment

Working...
                              X