Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS Speaker Plays over Multiple Sound Cards/HomeSeer Making Announcement Through Alexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HS Speaker Plays over Multiple Sound Cards/HomeSeer Making Announcement Through Alexa

On my computer I have two 'sound cards', one is on the motherboard and one is from my NVidia graphics card. I am using the one on the motherboard to beam music to my office ceiling speakers via a AirParrot and Audio Chromecast (AirParrot sends the sound from the computer to the Chromecast). So far so good.

I am now trying to have HS make announcement over Alex. So I bought an Alexa Input and a small USB speaker which shows up as a third sound card. In the HS Speaker app I set "Sound Device" to that new speaker, i.e. "Speakers (SUB2.0 Device)". Then I created an event with the action "Speak Something" and have it say "Alexa, announce ....". However, the sound doesn't only come through my USB speaker but also my ceiling speaker which is not what I want. So how can I make the "Speak Something" action only send sound to the audio device I selected in HS Speaker?

I don't have two sound cards but this might help. Not sure, you may tried it already.

1) In your event click on the advanced (airplane) button.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_81813.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1326407

2) Click the Edit Speaker Client List button.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	42.0 KB ID:	1326408

3) Edit the list

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	22.4 KB ID:	1326409

Comment

Ah, cool, that actually works. I had to select [PCName]efault. The list also listed all my Chromecast devices, probably because I have the Chromecast plugin. So I could do the announcement through all my Chromecast devices and get rid of the speaker + Echo Input. However, that stops the music I am playing so doing the announcement through all my Echos is much better.

Comment

Working...
      X