Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device did not turn on

Hello,

I have an Aeotec Dual Switch, which I am using on a set of water pumps. There is an event which turns off one switch at night and another event to turn it back on in the morning.

This worked correctly the first time, but did not work this morning (the second time).

I went back into the logs and see the event firing, and the command being sent to turn on the switch. The problem is, the switch didn't turn back on. I am not seeing anywhere in the logs that there was an error or issue reaching the node.

The node itself is not accessible by the main z-wave stick, and is communicated with through another outdoor device.

How do I go about troubleshooting this issue? I need to make sure this is very reliable.

Thanks!

Originally posted by airedale View Post
    ...How do I go about troubleshooting this issue? I need to make sure this is very reliable.
    Thanks!
    Is the problem repeatable? One of the first steps would be checking if all the components in the chain are working. There are clearly multiple points of failure with this issue.

Additionally, depending of the critically of turning this pump on you might consider some way to monitor the pump status and/or a more robust method of verifying the pump was activated and running. Depending on your level of need for reliability what you have in place might not fit the bill.

Comment

Also check to see what state Homeseer "thinks" your device is at. There are some circumstances where if Homeseer thinks it is already at that state, it won't resend the command.

Comment

Working...
      X