X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pete
    replied
    Thank you Michael.

Yes was doing that for my temperature and humidity sensors.

Click image for larger version  Name:	OutsideTemp2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	60.0 KB ID:	1330547

It was relating to my TTS hourly chime reading of the reference variable and not knowing that I could TTS the value of the variable.

Changing it now in the MQTT reference ID configuration. I had made the mistake of not putting the value in the right "slot".

Now the TTS is a whole number temperature.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MQTT.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	1330548

How would I change this line to TTS the value instead of the reference ID?

Today is $date. The time is $time. The indoor temperature is $$DVR:2556: degrees, and Relative Humidity is $$DVR: 2444: percent. The outdoor temperature is $$DVR: 2580: degrees.

Leave a comment:

• Rvtravlr
    replied
    If it’s an HS device, you can change decimals here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF6B60CD-06CA-457A-9561-03C572A27907.jpeg
Views:	161
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	1330537

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Thank-you guys. I am rounding off the number in the value display of the variable.

This is a MQTT value and I think I can massage it when MQTT receives the value in the MQTT configuration.

Leave a comment:

• upstatemike
    replied
    I have an event that speaks the amount of electricity being used when I turn on the oven or dryer using the Brultech plugin. Often the spoken value goes out to 9 or 10 decimal places. I guess that would have to be modified within the plugin. It does sound impressive though.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Michael
    replied
    You may have to round the device value before you retrieve it. "&hs.SetDeviceValueByRef(2556, hs.DeviceValue(2556), False)" might do it.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    started a topic How to round numbers while speaking?

How to round numbers while speaking?

I do an hourly chime with temperature and humidity here. My temperatures speak to two decimals and I would like to round the number to a whole number.

IE:

Today is $date. The time is $time. The indoor temperature is $$DVR:2556: degrees, and Relative Humidity is $$DVR: 2444: percent. The outdoor temperature is $$DVR: 2580: degrees.

I have tried to change $$DVR:2556: degrees to Round($$DVR:2556: /2,0) degrees and hear TTS saying Round and the extra 2 and 0.

How do I round off the integer while speaking?
Working...
X