Is there a battery management plugin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a battery management plugin?

In my house, there are many battery devices (door/window sensors, motion sensors, remotes). I try and make it a point to only buy devices that report battery level. I can see all the devices and their battery levels. But, different devices need their battery replaced at different levels. Even within a given product, some devices act differently than others. What I am interested in is a plugin that allows me to configure each device in terms of what level to trigger a notification. Also, it would be nice to keep up with replacement dates and battery life over time.

A search didn't turn up anything. Is there such a plugin?

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
    In my house, there are many battery devices (door/window sensors, motion sensors, remotes). I try and make it a point to only buy devices that report battery level. I can see all the devices and their battery levels. But, different devices need their battery replaced at different levels. Even within a given product, some devices act differently than others. What I am interested in is a plugin that allows me to configure each device in terms of what level to trigger a notification. Also, it would be nice to keep up with replacement dates and battery life over time.

A search didn't turn up anything. Is there such a plugin?
    You could try my SDJ-health plug-in, its free to use so you have nothing to loose. You will find the guide in its sub-forum.
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...al-description
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ul...j/104921-guide

It is configurable globally and then the settings can be overridden and adjusted for each device if required.
    It's main purpose is to alert when battery devices die but it can also alert on:
    Battery Level
    Discharge Rate
    Battery Life

In addition it can keep a database history of battery readings.

Any questions just ask.

Steve

Comment

The SDJ-health plugin might be a start.

Comment

Dang! Just what I was looking for and more. Thanks!

Comment

Just installed and did some initial configuration. It picked up all my battery devices automatically even though they are from multiple manufacturers. Used your example for a daily report and it works great. More to learn. My initial reaction is you did an outstanding and thorough job. Thanks!

Question - if I have a non z-wave device that happens to have a battery level child device, how would I include it? I have another HS3 location where that will come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
            Question - if I have a non z-wave device that happens to have a battery level child device, how would I include it? I have another HS3 location where that will come into play.
            It depends on the nature of the device and how it is represented in HS3. Most non ZWave should be able to use the Activity Monitoring method.
            Can you start a thread in the pi’s sub forum with the details of the device and I’ll see if I can be more specific.

Steve

Comment

Working...
            X