totalrainin=8.642
    wh68batt=1.62
    wh40batt=1.6
    wh26batt=0
    freq=915M
    model=GW1000_Pro

Comment

Thanks for the screen shot.

I will take a look at fixing this issue. So if I understand correctly the value you are seeing in the bottom window of the application is "1" for both your wh68batt and wh40batt

Comment

"2" actually, so it's doing correct rounding

{"stationtype":"GW1000B_V1.6.3","datetime":"2020-09-16 10:02:07","tempinc":23.11,"humidityin":46,"baromrelhpa":1021 .18,"baromabshpa":979.5,"tempc":18.72,"humidity":65,"winddir ":319,"windspeedkph":1.43,"windgustkph":1.8,"maxdailygustkph ":3.6,"solarradiationwm2":225.1,"uv":2,"rainratemm":0,"event rainmm":0,"hourlyrainmm":0,"dailyrainmm":0,"weeklyrainmm":0, "monthlyrainmm":0.61,"yearlyrainmm":219.507,"totalrainmm":21 9.507,"wh68batt":2,"wh40batt":2,"wh26batt":0,"freq":"915M"," model":"GW1000_Pro"}

Comment

Okay, took a look at the code and looks like I was only expecting integers in the battery field if the result was numeric. Easy fix

Comment

Battery decimal places fixed. Much appreciated.

Comment

Works Very good. Thanks for this program

Comment

I just saw this thread today. I've been wanting a good, electronic rain gauge to interface with HS....I'm excited to try this, but gotta order the Ecowitt hardware first.

Thank you for making it available, Jim!

Mike

Comment

I have made a plugin that let you get the values form Ecowitt without going through the mqtt stuff.
                  Instructions is in Norwegian, but using Google Translate you should get it working.

https://www.hjemmeautomasjon.no/foru...0008/#comments

Direct link to download
                  https://bit.ly/HSPI_EcowittSeer_0008

Edit: Since it is using an aspx-page I suspect that it will not work for Linux users.

Comment

Guahtdim,

After a little Google Translate magic I realized that your app is a compiled executable for Windows that will not work on my HS3/Pi system. Am I correct on that? I'm not very adept at compiling the source code for a Debian system, but I'm willing to try if you want to share the code.

Thank you!
                    Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mhiles View Post
                      Guahtdim,

After a little Google Translate magic I realized that your app is a compiled executable for Windows that will not work on my HS3/Pi system. Am I correct on that? I'm not very adept at compiling the source code for a Debian system, but I'm willing to try if you want to share the code.

Thank you!
                      Mike
                      You should be able to use the exe as it is. Same as you are using an exe file for HomeSeer. I very much doubt that you got the source code from HomeSeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Guahtdim View Post

You should be able to use the exe as it is. Same as you are using an exe file for HomeSeer. I very much doubt that you got the source code from HomeSeer.
                        Ah, I misunderstood. This thread was started based on a Windows app thru MQTT, and I thought your Plugin was for a Windows-based Homeseer system, also. I'll give it a try...thank you!

Following up: It did not work for my HS3-Pi system.

Comment

Jim, I wanted to follow up and let you know how well your software has worked for my system. After purchasing the GW-1000 I also added the soil moisture sensors and today I added the Ambient Weather WH31P sensor to monitor my pool water temperature locally.

I'm now completely free from Internet APIs for weather sensors! Thanks again for your help.

Comment

I'm glad you like it and find it useful. Still working on the upgrade to handle multiple devices, but it's going slow. Putting in to many hours at work and honey do projects.

Comment

jim@beersman.com
                              ​​​​​​​
                              Wow. This is great. It took me all of 10 mins to get this up and running with a new GW1000. For now, that's all I have connected since I'm waiting for the other sensors to arrive.

I noticed the following message in the application Error Log:

15:40:47 Function: Process Relative Barometric Pressure
                              Input string was not in a correct format.
                              Temperature not found not for calculations

Seems to be happening on every reporting cycle. Let me know what I need to collect to help debug this?

Thanks,
                              Ken
                              "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                                jim@beersman.com

Wow. This is great. It took me all of 10 mins to get this up and running with a new GW1000. For now, that's all I have connected since I'm waiting for the other sensors to arrive.

I noticed the following message in the application Error Log:

15:40:47 Function: Process Relative Barometric Pressure
                                Input string was not in a correct format.
                                Temperature not found not for calculations

Seems to be happening on every reporting cycle. Let me know what I need to collect to help debug this?

Thanks,
                                Ken
                                I'm guessing you currently don't have any sensor reporting Barometric Pressure but do have the calculate Relative Barometric Pressure checked. If you copy the data in the top window that was received from your device and send it to me I can take a look at it.

Currently working on an update which will allow the application to receive data from more than one device and also properly handle the Ambient Weather format as well. Been putting in to many hours at work and now that spring is here the wife has many outside project for me to complete. I hope to get back to working on the update soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X