Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New installation of HS3 hangs at startup

Hi,

I'm right now installing HS3 (v497) on my new Intel NUC running Win10 pro. I made a fresh installation and then copied the HS3 files from my old HS box. For some reason HS hangs during startup. Last lines on the log are:

11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Startup~!~HStouch server started, waiting for clients to connect.
    11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Startup~!~Start automation engine...
    11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Startup~!~Initializing Speaker Client Interface
    11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Speech~!~Listening for remote speaker connections on port 10401
    11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Startup~!~Updater services starting...
    11.10.2019 14.22.07 ~!~Startup~!~Starting Find service...

After this nothing seems to happen. Log says that web server has started on port 80 but I can't open up any pages. I have checked my virus program that it's not blocking HS3. Any ideas?

OK, I have made some progress. For some reason on the HS server box I can't open up the web pages but on other computers on my home network they are fine. I have some other more urgent issues with HS setup on the new Intel NUC box that I have to sort out them first.

Comment

What is settings.ini "gServerAddressBind" set to?

Comment

Sounds like a firewall or AV issue.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I checked the settings.ini and gServerAddressBind=(No Binding). Yes, it can be an AV issue. This is minor problem now.

HS had crashed after few hours after I restarted it. I just checked WIn10 event viewer and I couldn't find any obvious reason for crashing. It has turned out that settting up HS on a Win10 box is lot more complex than setting up in a Win7 box.

Comment

I'm running HS3 on a Win10 Pro 1903 system (auto-starts so it can survive a power-cycle/restart), and it runs smooth as can be. Still a small setup in comparison to others on here, but want to kick the tires as much as possible. Running NUC headless, so I connect to box via RDP to make OS changes, but HS3 loads fine in browser on system itself, as well as from other systems (via IP @ http://192.168.0.5/ or WISP/NetBIOS @ http://homeseer/) on the same network where I set things up via this PC in FireFox and add devices and play around via my mobile phone in Chrome (plan to dive into HSTouch later).

Simple explanation for your issues would be if you forgot to make your network 'private' and all the public-network security settings are active.

Right click your network icon in taskbar, and select "Open Network & Internet Settings", and right at the top below the middle icon shaped like an RJ-45 input, does it say "Ethernet -- Private network"?

Comment

RoChess, yes, it seems to be a private network. I'm not that concerned about this issue because I seem to have much bigger problem with HS3 now. I restarted it ~1.5 hours ago and it has crashed again. This is driving me nuts because I have been trying to get my old Shuttle box back in operation, then got this new Intel NUC box and HS3 keeps crashing on that. I bought new DIMM for the Shuttle box but haven't had time to test it.

Comment

Be sure to set traps when you go to bed, as you got some Gremlins roaming around

Hopefully there are some log entries in event viewer or HS3 that will help you narrow down source of the issue as you'll otherwise go bald from all the hair pulling.

Comment

Thanks. So far I haven't found anything in event viewer log nor in HS3 log. Now updating Win10 1607 to 1903.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                    Sounds like a firewall or AV issue.
                    Just noticed that this is a MS Edge problem (not opening my HS pages). FF opens up my HS pages without any problems.

Comment

Not being on 1903 with 1907 soon out can also be a big part as Microsoft has put a lot of fixes through.

Comment

Originally posted by jlikonen View Post

Just noticed that this is a MS Edge problem (not opening my HS pages). FF opens up my HS pages without any problems.
                        Yes, I assumed most people had stopped using this browser with all of it's issues. We recommend using Chrome.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                        X