Z-Wave Light Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave Light Issue

My Garage Overhead Light has some events that turn it on, and here in the last few days it's stopped coming on. It comes on for a split second and turns off again. I guess the switch could be bad, but it acts like there's an event that is not working correctly and turns the switch off immediately. The only things in the log is the CAPI that turns it on, and then immediately the set to off comes in. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? I guess i'd have to remove and re-add the switch to determine if it's a rogue event out there. Maybe a HSTouch button with the off command is somehow pressing itself or something. I've disabled all events for this light, so i'm stumped. I would think it's a bad switch, but it passes all the z-wave checks. Any idea?

What type of switch is it? I (and others) have had problems with earlier HS-WS100+ switches where a faulty component in the switch would cause the relay to flick on/off - this would be detected as a Z-wave problem; rather, it was another internal component.

See, e.g., https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...e-cycles-relay

Comment

It’s a Leviton DZ15 something something. I guess something has failed in the switch. It was working fine and all of a sudden it started doing this, and I haven’t made any changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
        It’s a Leviton DZ15 something something. I guess something has failed in the switch. It was working fine and all of a sudden it started doing this, and I haven’t made any changes.
        Sounds like a bad switch.

Comment

Try removing it from the z-wave network. If it still turns off automatically, you have a bad switch. If it stops, you may have an event that turns it off. If the switch is bad, Leviton is great to deal with from a warranty exchange perspective.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I've had that happen to a Philio PAN04 dual-relay once, and it would immediately turn off after I turned it on (was quite the clicky-the-click sound effect when events would trigger the switch). Finally opened the junction box, and was greeted by a red LED to notify me on the error state it was in (had power brown-outs the nights before after digging through UPS logs).

Disconnecting it from live-wire, waiting a second, and reconnecting it solved the issue. I'm lucky that I was able to do that safely due to Wago lever nuts, but in your case just flip the breaker otherwise for the circuit that the switch is on.

Unless of course device is really broken, then go with sparkman's suggestion

Comment

Working...
            X