Looking for a gate opener to connect to my DoorKing 9000 series gate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a gate opener to connect to my DoorKing 9000 series gate

Hi all I have a DoorKing gate that controls access to my property. I am currently using a Chamberlain garage door controller to connect to the gate, then garage door remotes and a Chamberlain key pad to get access. I have no way of remotely opening the gate or seeing the status of the gate and would like to be able to do this. I have solid wifi signal at the gate and my Homeseer controller can probably reach to it with Zwave/Zigbee as well and I do have 120v power at the gate. Does anyone have any experience hooking something up like this to the Homeseer hub? What products do you use to control the gate? I see plenty of wifi systems that work but I am not sure if they will interface with Homeseer, things like MOES wifi garage door controller etc... Any help is appreciated, thanks!

You could add a wifi module to control the gate, Chamberlain makes a nice one. I use that for my garage door's and HS supports the MyQ devices via a plug-in.

-Skybolt

Comment

If you have Z-Wave then one of the many dry-contact based devices would work with many also offering extra input probes for additional monitoring, such as a switch to verify current status of gate, or additional temperature probe to exclude gatelock freezing up.

Qubino, FortrezZ, Fibaro, Remotec, and many other manufacturers offer one or more devices you can use.

Comment

Working...
      X