Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odd. 5 Appliance modules just stopped working two days ago....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd. 5 Appliance modules just stopped working two days ago....

Kinda weird. 5 appliance modules stopped responding all on the same day. Two HS-PA100+'s and three GE Outdoor switches. They are not melted and still function locally. Its as if their Z-wave communication has been shut off. Nothing in the log other than something like this:
    Oct-16 09:48:06 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Appliance Outside Outdoor Lighting III
    Oct-16 09:47:53 Z-Wave Error Failed sending Z-Wave command to device: Appliance Kitchen Peninsula
    They are in scattered locations around the house and we have had no rain or lightning to affect the outdoor switches. Standard rescan and removal attempts fail.

Anyone ever have a mass mutiny like this?

YAY! Got one working! But it was unplugged....They work better when they are plugged in. So the Mutiny was 4. 1 PA100 and 3 GE Outdoor. Tried rescanning and removal again. No dice. Did a Remove Bad Node to one of the PA's and then tried to add it and nothing. I guess they are just dead. Will try the same with the GE's one it stops pouring outside.....

Comment

I've never had multiple failures like that, only a mis-behaving device flooding the z-wave network. A "reboot" of the whole house fixed that. No power surge? Have you unplugged them and plugged them back in to reboot them? Yes, most plug-in modules do work better when plugged in :-D
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

No power surge that I know of. We hadn't had any rain or threat of lightning or power outages in the days surrounding them giving up the ghost. Yeah, the only time I have ever had anything like this before was when an X10 remote (with fresh batteries) got stuck in the couch and shut down our house for a couple of days until the batteries died.....13 years ago.

I took them all out of service and put them on a big power strip so I could test them Rescanned them, tried to remove them, removed bad nodes, then tried to add them again. No dice. They seem to be deceased….

I am wondering if there is any scenario that could cause specific zwave devices not to work....other than physical damage? Again, these devices look pristine and still function locally. Its like they had a z-wave lobotomy.

Comment

Can't think of anything that would just affect the z-wave module on multiple devices at the same time and nothing else. Do those modules have an option for a factory reset?
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Yeah. Odd. Nothing out of the ordinary for reset.

Comment

I've had where a device throw out an error in the log and the device failed to operate during an event trigger. Every time I've found the device had lost it's associations. Once I "Update" the associations and then rescan the device, all is good with the world again.

Comment

Initially I was hoping it was just that. These seem to have had a zwave-ectomy as they are no longer recognized by the controller. I almost put them out in the trash today, but will open them up when I get a chance...

Comment

Working...
                X