X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tillsy
    replied
    Originally posted by RoChess View Post
    HomeSeer support response is that developers need physical access to whitelist any Z-Wave parameter, and I'm fully supportive of that decision, but they should have made it possible for community to create sharable whitelists. Hoping HS4 will move toward that goal.
    THIS! Was one of my first thoughts when I migrated to HomeSeer.

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    replied
    I'm not sure why someone hasn't created a wiki by now. With the amount of problems there are with most 3rd party brands, it seems something like a wiki to document these issues is definately required. If i had the time i would do it myself but I've two children to keep busy at present and grumpy women 😂

Leave a comment:

• RoChess
    replied
    Aeotec/AeonLabs does not sell hubs to try to lock you into their ecosphere the way Fibaro does. They do however mess up, such as the mishap with powerstrip where Z-Wave parameters didn't line up correctly.

That's the only thing HomeSeer lacks, is a "Device Handler" method alike to Samsung SmartThings that can be shared by the community to ensure devices show all their configurable Z-Wave parameters.

Any quirks I run into is because there's a Z-Wave parameter not exposed and I have to manually set it. Helped quite a few others on forum resolve their issues the same way, because it's not an obvious thing to look for.

HomeSeer support response is that developers need physical access to whitelist any Z-Wave parameter, and I'm fully supportive of that decision, but they should have made it possible for community to create sharable whitelists. Hoping HS4 will move toward that goal. Offered to cross-ship a selection of 17 different brands/devices to get the hidden Z-Wave parameters exposed properly, but it's on hold until HS4 development is finished.

I'm fine doing it manually myself for the time being, but it is tedious work.

On Z-Wave tab, near bottom is the option to configure non-exposed Z-Wave parameters. Leaving value empty allows you to 'read' them, and entering a value configures it. For battery devices be sure to study manual on how to ensure device stays awake.

Leave a comment:

• SmartyPants
    started a topic Fibaro Dual Switch 2 won't switch off properly

Fibaro Dual Switch 2 won't switch off properly

As the title says, I have a new Fibaro Dual Switch/Relay 2. It works okay except I have to click the off button twice in homeseer/mobile app to switch off the SW1. If I press it once, the status changes to off but the switch relay doesmt click off until I press off again.

To be honest I'm getting a bit pissed off with all these zwave / homeseer issues. There are only a couple of devices I have that have never been a problem, everything else has been a big pita to get working.

Homeseer say it's manufacturers not following zwave standards and manufacturers run you round in circles with all excuses.

From what I've read there is a know issue with the FGS-223 and other versions of the Fibaro device.
    However, I sent back the Qubino Relay because it wasn't working properly either, though better than this junk.

I have Fibaro universal binary sensor and that too doesn't work as intended and we as users are always forced to look for workarounds.

Not good enough Homeseer.
    Not good enough Fibaro.
    Not good enough Qubino.
    Not good enough Aeon Labs.
Working...
X