Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greenwave Multi socket PowerNode US CHEAP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laying in bed last night and noticed a strip of flashing light on the ceiling. Thought it was something coming in between the side of the blinds and the window frame, and was going nuts trying to figure out which window. Nope. Green flashing light on the power strip sneaking up between the mattress and headboard. Black electrical tape was applied first thing after breakfast.
    My system is described in my profile.

Comment

It's there a way to turn all 6 outlets on/off with one command? Outside an Event, that is.

Karl S
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

I don't know what plugin you are using to interface the powerstrip, but the Hubitat plugin creates HS devices for each plug and for the strip overall. This allows each to be controlled individually or as a group.

Comment

Just the HomeSeer z-wave plugin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191111-094436.png
Views:	375
Size:	227.2 KB
ID:	1339271
          Karl S
          HS4Pro on Windows 10
          1070 Devices
          56 Z-Wave Nodes
          104 Events

Comment

I bought a few of these GreenWave strips so that I could use a bunch of my Dragon Appliance Modules for other purposes. It has been such a success that I now have a SURPLUS of Dragon modules and am using a few as NIGHTLIGHTS in the hallways and around the house!

Comment

I found a reference to a version of the unit with parameters to set the power failure recovery to On/Off/Last State. Parameter 3, but I have not had the opportunity to test it myself.
              • 0 - All Off
              • 1 - Last State
              • 2 - All On
              Other parameters are mentioned including indicator light settings.
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                I found a reference to a version of the unit with parameters to set the power failure recovery to On/Off/Last State. Parameter 3, but I have not had the opportunity to test it myself.
                • 0 - All Off
                • 1 - Last State
                • 2 - All On
                Other parameters are mentioned including indicator light settings.
                That parameter is only on later firmware versions (4.28?). Monoprice is shipping 4.21 which does not support parameter 3.
                HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.0 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by outbackrob View Post
                  I bought a few of these GreenWave strips so that I could use a bunch of my Dragon Appliance Modules for other purposes. It has been such a success that I now have a SURPLUS of Dragon modules and am using a few as NIGHTLIGHTS in the hallways and around the house!
                  Could offer them for sale @ https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ge...tomation-items

Or wait till after Halloween 2020 preparations in case you decide to go bigger and need them

Comment

Originally posted by RoChess View Post
                    WHAT?!? NEVER! They will have to be pried out of my cold dead hands! They are too valuable!

Comment

I started with 17 Greenwave Powernode sockets.

Unlike all my other Z-Wave devices, these have dropped one by one and have caused network issues when they did.

I think I have 7 left now. Will probably bite the bullet and get rid of these after christmas.

Comment

Monoprice has these on sale now in a 2 pack for $29.99 plus shipping. If you buy them from their Ebay account same price free shipping, go figure. I've used a few of these without issues and there is enough information in this topic to pretty much do what you want with them. $15 for a 6 hole power strip with Zwave control? You can't even buy the same thing without Zwave at that price.
                        Cheers

Comment

Thanks - just picked up a 2-pack from their ebay account.
                          HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                          54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                          Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

I picked up a pair as well, and I'm just (sadly) getting round to setting them up. It took a couple of mins to realize that the pairing button on the manual wasn't the pairing button on the device, but I have them paired up now.

I'm having some issues with getting them to show either the Watts or the kW Hours. I've had my "light on a stick" plugged in for an hour now, and it's not showing anything.
                            Looking at the actual strips, they're both flashing the 4 segments of the display, which looks like they can't communicate with the controller.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	45.3 KB ID:	1403731

But it seems to be talking to HS3 fine - I can turn all the switches off and on - including my light on a stick.
                            Connectivity seems to be fine - it has plenty of neighbors, including a direct route to my Z-Net.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture2.PNG Views:	0 Size:	140.5 KB ID:	1403733

I'm messing around with the polling - I've set it to 2 seconds for the root currently, but even setting it to something more sensible like 10 seconds doesn't help.
                            I've got all the child devices set to poll, but I'm still not getting any power readings (or updates when I use the power switch on the strip to turn everything off).

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions what I should try next?

Thanks.

G
                            Attached Files

Comment

gmitch64 disable all polling, and power 'off' all the EPs, then turn on one EP port, and manually do a poll (narrow down your Home view to just this device, and then use the "Poll devices for Status" icon (little blue one top-right area).

Does it work for you then?

Polling the entire device every 2 seconds and then each EP as well at 3s and 5s respectively might be too much Z-Wave network data. Ideally devices push updates based on threshold value changes, such as when power goes up/down for like 5%, then it will send out an update to the controller, so the network remains nice and clean. Had trouble myself getting that to work for these strips whereas I rely heavy on that functionality with my Aeotec/Aeonlabs nodes.

These are only 40kbps Z-Wave nodes, so that's a maximum of 5,000 bytes per seconds assuming no stop/parity is used or it is more towards 4,000 per second. Of course that's still a lot of bytes, but some devices need multiple bytes to send updates. Seeing as you have a large network with '82' as node numbering for this device it starts to get busy, to the point where you might already be polling again for the next update when the first results haven't been processed yet.

PS: Did you adjust any Z-Wave parameters manually? I remember I had to do that on mine before they started to work reliable.

Comment

RoChess you are entirely right, getting these strips like the Zooz strips working with power reporting in HS takes a lot of tinkering as the reporting just floods the Zwave network processing all of it if you don’t set it up right. They will work but definitely not plug and play.

Comment

Working...
                                X