Originally posted by Tomgru View Post

Did they not work with the PI?
    huh... PI? I like Pie... sorry I'm not that smart.. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Tomgru
    replied
    Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post

dude I love these bulbs...
    I don't care about scheduling them via the app that they use... I set the color and let HS use the on - sunset and off - sunrise... however, I do want to get to a point (wont be till HS4)..
    that I want the front porch lights to be say Green for xmas at sunset but at 11pm change to white... I cant do multi schedules from the wifi app but I know someone's plugin will.. and I will get to that point...

better yet...
    virtual device - holiday (Xmas, Easter, Halloween, V-Day, etc)...

If vDevice is Halloween
    then bulb 1 on @ sunset
    and bulb 1 color = orange
    then bulb 2 on @ sunset
    and bulb 2 color = blue

if vDevice is Xmas...
    etc.... u get what I'm saying... IM LIKING THIS!!!!

ever since half way of hs3... redid my setup and didn't setup 80% of it and I'm going to go full bore with HS4!!!!!!!!!!!

so next Halloween WILL BE setup via HS4!!!!!!!!!
    Did they not work with the PI?

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by outbackrob View Post

That ceiling porch light looks very bright. Nice!
    dude I love these bulbs...
    I don't care about scheduling them via the app that they use... I set the color and let HS use the on - sunset and off - sunrise... however, I do want to get to a point (wont be till HS4)..
    that I want the front porch lights to be say Green for xmas at sunset but at 11pm change to white... I cant do multi schedules from the wifi app but I know someone's plugin will.. and I will get to that point...

better yet...
    virtual device - holiday (Xmas, Easter, Halloween, V-Day, etc)...

If vDevice is Halloween
    then bulb 1 on @ sunset
    and bulb 1 color = orange
    then bulb 2 on @ sunset
    and bulb 2 color = blue

if vDevice is Xmas...
    etc.... u get what I'm saying... IM LIKING THIS!!!!

ever since half way of hs3... redid my setup and didn't setup 80% of it and I'm going to go full bore with HS4!!!!!!!!!!!

so next Halloween WILL BE setup via HS4!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    the ones i bought are 800L and agree.. bit low on color but i can deal with them. white is BRIGHT

pics r tough as not true to llife...
    That ceiling porch light looks very bright. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by joegr View Post

Or add another router configured as an access point, to extend your network.
    yeah I'm trying to downsize certain parts... and I have been wanting to get the wifi up on 2nd floor vs in the basement as other areas have problems with wifi. yes adding a 2nd will work great... I'm also looking at putting my house up for sale in 6 months... possibly...

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied
    ... I need to move my wifi router from the basement.. hah
    Or add another router configured as an access point, to extend your network.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    well one of mine, outside, is outside of my wifi range so I set it inside the house then oved it.. it is on a zwave switch so that works... I need to move my wifi router from the basement.. hah

Leave a comment:

• skybolt
    replied
    this is what I'm interested in too.. I know I can add them and have google home control them, but would like them in HS as well...
    I haven't gotten that far yet. I stopped with Echo control via "Smart Life", but TUYA is basically what Smart Life is. There are a few plug-ins that support TUYA. I just haven't tried them just yet.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    the ones i bought are 800L and agree.. bit low on color but i can deal with them. white is BRIGHT

pics r tough as not true to llife...

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• outbackrob
    replied
    I know this is too late, but others considering RGB bulbs should consider the lumens of the bulbs. It is one thing to have a light easily changed to color, but if you are replacing a 100W white bulb with a 25W bulb, you will be disappointed. Since I was a kid, I had a box of color bulbs I would swap out in my lamp and overhead in my room. 30 years later, RGB Bulbs were invented. I wanted them. Tried all that were available. The brightest bulb by far was the LIFX bulbs. The BR-30's and A19's are 1100 lumens. They are great for porch lights. We run them at about 40-60% and then brighten to 100% when there is motion outside the door. 100% all the time is too bright. Something to consider.

Leave a comment:

• Wade
    replied

i didn't see this in time.. I bought Teckin... do you know what plugin would work with them?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    The amazon listing says they're controllable by smart life app so cps tuya should work.

Leave a comment:

• joegr
    replied

i didn't see this in time.. I bought Teckin... do you know what plugin would work with them?

In the Q&A section, there are a couple of questions asking if the bulbs work with the "smart life app." The responses were "yes." I assume that this means the bulbs should work with the plug-in that was mentioned as working with the smart life bulbs.

Leave a comment:

• TeleFragger
    replied
    Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
    smart life devices can be added using CPS TUYA plug in. works great. several threads on this plug in

Leave a comment:

• GaryDN
    replied
    smart life devices can be added using CPS TUYA plug in. works great. several threads on this plug in

Leave a comment:

Working...
X