What is this plugin ? ''MyZwaveTool''

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is this plugin ? ''MyZwaveTool''

Tried to install it on linux , But there was problem with unzipping the file. So tried to install the files manually. no luck?

Code:
     [TABLE="cellspacing: 0"]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Oct-23 20:28:13[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#000000] [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Finished initializing plug-in MyZwaveTool[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Starting Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]MyZwaveTool loaded in 300 milliseconds[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Oct-23 20:28:13[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000] [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Error[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#FF0000]Initializing plug-in(2): MyZwaveTool Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke (System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage msg, System.Exception& exc, System.Object[]& out_args) <0x7fed0c785db0 + 0x008dd> in <285579f54af44a2ca048dad6be20e190>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object.__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper(intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x000c4] in <7559e587c425419191158a614d9e22a2>:0[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Starting Plug-In[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Initializing plugin MyZwaveTool ...[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Info[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#000000]Plugin MyZwaveTool has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:48932[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]Oct-23 20:27:56[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 1, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000] [/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 3, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]Warning[/COLOR][/TD]
     			[TD="colspan: 8, align: left"][COLOR=#D58000]File does not exist: /HomeSeer/html/MyZwaveToolConfig[/COLOR][/TD]
     		[/TR]
    [/TABLE]

This plugin enable you to create custom XML files for showing the possible parameters and their meaning, reading the current config and changing parameters for you zwave devices.
    It's currently under development, but in the final stages - as of now it's only a HS3 version.

It's been verified to work on Linux, but might be some issues with a clean installation - I have to investigate.

Comment

Hi Toby, so this will add nice drop-down option on a Z-Wave tab parameter that is not listed by default if XML is configured as such?

How about status text/graphics?

Does it support different config for same device based on firmware version?

I'll be happy to help test once I'm back home. Do you plan to offer a repository somewhere to share XML files that have been approved/verified?

Comment

that's correct.

it shows explanations and options for the parameters based on XML files.
        it does nothing with the status text or graphics.

it do support different config files for different firmware version.

the plan is to have some sort of repository as I will not be able to test and verify everything, so the usage will be at own risk, but as long as one will verify that the xml file matches the parameters for you device and firmware it should be safe (as long as you know what it means to change different parameters)...

the xml files are set up using these parameters:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ZwaveToolParameters.png
Views:	301
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	1335607

XML files will be able to have this type of view:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	ZwaveToolParametersDisp.png
Views:	321
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	1335608

Comment

Ahh expand to your own tab.

Ideally HomeSeer open up a system to allow modification to Z-Wave tab in same way.

Have lots of devices that aren't supported on all parameters, even when like a 7 year old Aeon Labs manual has all the details on them.

Was tempted to write my own plugin for this, but then stumbled on this thread, and when I get home going to immediately create a bunch of XML files.

The XML files themselves can be done open-sourced, so exchanging them via GitHub might be ideal and you can even tie it directly in your plug-in to download them. Guess the key is to come up with like a beta section for new additions, but once entries got 10+ votes from device-owners saying the XML works to move them to the master branch.

Have a repo on GitHub for my own open-sourced projects, so I'll probably toss my own XML files on there.

PS: Is it possible to modify Z-Wave tab programmatically? And reset notification button is missing on a few of my new devices, hence the use to also modify status text/graphics.

Comment

I love the idea behind this plugin. I recently opened a ticket with HS support about some incomplete Settings for a specific device under the Z-Wave tab. They said this was not a priority for them even though it would be a 30 second fix. Yes, you can set the parameters manually but the GUI makes it SO much faster. It also makes it quick and easy to check existing parameter values. Crowd sourcing this data seems to be the way to go. It stinks that this ability isn't native but this plugin closes that gap.

Is this the correct thread to report issues? Specifically I created a time+ setting that looks like this:
            <Setting from="5" to="2678400" values="0" default="30" size="4" >in seconds</Setting>

This is a smart plug with energy reporting. Setting "0" on this parameter disables reporting of watts on a specific time interval. I tested setting 0 in the time picker in the GUI and when I hit set the parameter gets set to 5 instead of 0. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

this is a bug and is solved in 3.20.0.2

Comment

Working...
              X