Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gradually dum up/down stair lights

Hi,

I have LED strips on my stair that turns on with a short delay upwards and downwards. Depends what way we are walking.
    But I would really like to have a dim up/down effect to make it even better visual.

I'm using 4 Fibaro RGBW controller that are controlling 4 lights each.
    So there is 16 HS3 devices that needs to turn on one after the other, but also dim up so that they don't turn on instantly.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Do you have any experience with scripting in HomeSeer? It may be possible with an Event put I would probably use a macro. I would need a good description of how you want them to come on/off (order, how quickly do they dim, etc.) to help put one together.
    Karl S
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    1070 Devices
    56 Z-Wave Nodes
    104 Events
    HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
    Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
      Do you have any experience with scripting in HomeSeer? It may be possible with an Event put I would probably use a macro. I would need a good description of how you want them to come on/off (order, how quickly do they dim, etc.) to help put one together.
      That sounds great if you are able to help.
      Sadly I'm not good with scripts. I'm using a few already, but only finished ones where I just change some of the settings.

I'm in the prosess of getting everything set up, so I will first check how the default fibaro work, and I can get back to you if the Mrs is not happy :P

Comment

Speed of dimming might be Z-Wave parameter controlled. Fibaro dimmer uses parameter 6 for ramp rate if memory serves me, and you can just use basic HomeSeer events then to adjust the ramp rate if you want to have programmatic control if needed.

Comment

With Hubitat plugin you are able to specify the ramp rate for each device, but this assumes you are interfacing your Zwave controller with Hubitat.

I have not used HS timers, but seems like this may be a use for them. Of course a script can provide a very customized solution.

Comment

Have now hooked everything up and it is working.
            The problem is not the time to dim up or down the leds, but it is the time between each step(led strips).
            Since the HS3 Wait action in the event manager only work with whole seconds, the minimum time between the steps is 1 second. And that is a bit to long.
            When we start walking we are already upstairs when the last few lights turns on :P

I'm guessing it is possible to reduce the interval time with a script?
            Sad to say, I don't know how to do it.
            Maybe there is someone that could assist me? Or maybe guide me in the right directions? ksum ?

Comment

Can you post a screen capture of the Event so we can get a good understanding of what you are setting?
              Karl S
              HS4Pro on Windows 10
              1070 Devices
              56 Z-Wave Nodes
              104 Events
              HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
              Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by ksum View Post
                Can you post a screen capture of the Event so we can get a good understanding of what you are setting?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1340965

Comment

Originally posted by Groot View Post
                  I'm guessing it is possible to reduce the interval time with a script?
                  Sad to say, I don't know how to do it.
                  Maybe there is someone that could assist me? Or maybe guide me in the right directions?
                  It would be doable with a script, but you have to be careful not to flood the z-wave network with traffic. If you don't have a lot of other z-wave devices then it may not be an issue, but other z-wave devices sending data or controlling other z-wave devices at the same time, may be impacted. A simple script would be something like this:

Code:
                  Sub Main(ByVal Parms as String)
                      hs.CAPIControlHandler(hs.CAPIGetSingleControl(123, false, "35", false, true)) 'replace 123 with the reference id of the device to be controlled, replace 35 with the dim level you want
                      System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(500) 'replace the 500 with the number of milliseconds to delay
                  End Sub
                  Just repeat the two lines as needed. Save the script as a file in the Scripts folder with a .vb extension.
                  HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                  Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Thanks sparkman ,
                    Will test out your script and monitor any lag on the z-wave network.
                    I have a adruino stair shield I could try out it there is any

Comment

Working...
                    X