Looking for a way to list all "Locations" and "Rooms"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a way to list all "Locations" and "Rooms"

I have a couple of Locations which I have set as Functional which are listed as "Not Set" and "Unknown". If I deselect all devices from the Location (Functional) and only select the two aforementioned, I don't see any devices. Obviously these must have been created when I tried to add a new device. For whatever reason, no devices were added to these Locations (Location 2). I'd like to clean up these but can't see where they are... Any ideas on how to get a list of all Location2 (my Functional) or Rooms (Location1).

Robert
    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

I’m not 100% clear on what you are asking, but the Unknown and Not Set entries are added there by HS and there’s no way to remove them AFAIK.
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
      I have a couple of Locations which I have set as Functional which are listed as "Not Set" and "Unknown". If I deselect all devices from the Location (Functional) and only select the two aforementioned, I don't see any devices. Obviously these must have been created when I tried to add a new device. For whatever reason, no devices were added to these Locations (Location 2). I'd like to clean up these but can't see where they are... Any ideas on how to get a list of all Location2 (my Functional) or Rooms (Location1).

Robert
      Normally Location 1 and/or Location 2 will disappear when no devices are linked to the location.

---
      John

Comment

Thanks Al. I didn't know they were added by HS.

John, yes I know the rooms disappear when there's no devices - thanks. That is why I was confused and Al cleared that up.

Cheers

Robert
        HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

"Not Set" is always there. If you see "Unknown" in Location 1 and/or 2, you probably have an existing device somewhere. This will show up in Loc1 and Loc2 if you start to create a device and never configure it. Make sure in Location2 and Device Types you "Check All" and it/they should show up. Ditto for Location 2 with Loc1 and Dev Type; "Check All".
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Robert

You can get that information using the JSON interface (if you are executing from a different computer than the one hosting Homeseer, substitute your Homeseer IP for 127.0.0.1):

You can get all locations using:

http://127.0.0.1/JSON?request=getlocations

You can find all devices in a specific location using, where "LOC1" and "LOC2" are the specific locations you can set them to "All" if you want all devices in that location:

http://127.0.0.1/JSON?request=getsta...location2=LOC2

So for your purpose, you could do:

http://127.0.0.1/JSON?request=getsta...ation2=Unknown

You can also do: http://127.0.0.1/JSON?request=getstatus

to get every device regardless of which room / floor it is in.

The data comes back in JSON form, so its a bit difficult to read, but if you cut/past it here, it will be formatted for you: https://jsonformatter.org/

Comment

Wadenut - yes, I've done this before and have found the non-configured devices. I looked and just don't have any and I still see unknown. As Al pointed out this is by HS design.

jvm - thanks for the reminder on the JSON requests. I've used JSON in an Android app I created for my system, but hadn't thought about using it as you suggested.

Comment

Wadenut - yes, I've done this before and have found the non-configured devices. I looked and just don't have any and I still see unknown. As Al pointed out this is by HS design.

jvm - thanks for the reminder on the JSON requests. I've used JSON in an Android app I created for my system, but hadn't thought about using it as you suggested.
                Try selecting ALL Loc 1 and Loc 2, and searching for the offender? I don't have UNKNOWN at the moment at all.
                Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Another favorite for finding phantom devices is Jon00’s device list utility. Free from his site.
                  My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

Thanks Al. I didn't know they were added by HS.

John, yes I know the rooms disappear when there's no devices - thanks. That is why I was confused and Al cleared that up.

Cheers

Robert
                    Hi Robert, looks like I was wrong as I had two hidden devices with Unknown. As soon as I changed those to something else, the Unknown option disappeared from the list. Not Set is definitely there all the time, even if you don't have any devices with those entries blank.

Cheers
                    Al
                    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Good to know Al. Perhaps I just need to look real close. I do have Jon's device list utility - that's one place I looked. Anyway, I'll comb the desert again carefully looking for that needle...

Comment

Just wait till you walk around the house with a mobile device turning a device off/on to try to locate it when you forgot where the hell it might be

Comment

Good to know Al. Perhaps I just need to look real close. I do have Jon's device list utility - that's one place I looked. Anyway, I'll comb the desert again carefully looking for that needle...
                          Have you downloaded my device viewer and documenter (not to be confused with my device list viewer which I think you are referring to)?
                          Jon

Comment

Thanks Jon. Great utility, but I'm thinking there must be something with the jquery list as "Unknown" doesn't show up with Location2 (Functional) in you viewer.
                            I guess I won't let it bother me further.... Donation sent!

Robert

Comment

Many thanks!

Not sure what is causing the 'unknown' but my utility enumerates through the device class rather than using the Jquery list.
                              Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X