Plugs Switch On Inexplicably

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugs Switch On Inexplicably

In a second home, for many years I have had a Z wave duplex plug that invariably turns on about 10 minutes after it is turned off. The logs never reveal anything seemingly useful except that the device value changed to on; as I have now begun watching it, they seem to switch on about 10 minutes after being turned off. They never switch off without an explicit command. I have not worried about this until recently when I installed a second plug in the same room and, inexplicably, It does the same thing. The home is 1000 miles away and I can’t look at the plugs, but I’m guessing that the older plug was an Intermatic and the newer plug is a new homeseer model. Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Can't suggest anything I'm afraid, but I can say I have had five Intermatic plugs installed for about 10 years. I've never had such an issue with any of them.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheriff View Post
      In a second home, for many years I have had a Z wave duplex plug that invariably turns on about 10 minutes after it is turned off. The logs never reveal anything seemingly useful except that the device value changed to on; as I have now begun watching it, they seem to switch on about 10 minutes after being turned off. They never switch off without an explicit command. I have not worried about this until recently when I installed a second plug in the same room and, inexplicably, It does the same thing. The home is 1000 miles away and I can’t look at the plugs, but I’m guessing that the older plug was an Intermatic and the newer plug is a new homeseer model. Any ideas?
      Maybe some poltergeists are messing with you!

When my Intermatic plugs started to fail, they would act "sticky", in that the would respond to the state change quite a while later than they should have.

The fact the new plug is doing this would point to something in your configuration is causing the device to switch back. Intermatic's never reported back to HS when they changed state, but the new plug should. I would now re look at the log to see if that new plug is putting something into the log.

Comment

Try reloading or upgrading the firmware if possible. I remember something similar when the WS100's came out. It would turn off (or on) shortly after it was turned on (or off). Haven't had any issues since.

Comment

Working...
        X