How to monitor file size on HA server to prevent something getting too big

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to monitor file size on HA server to prevent something getting too big

Does anyone know of a utility that allows you to monitor file sizes in specific folders, etc? This morning I noticed that I had debug turned on for a particular plugin and the log file was over 2GB.

this looks like a trivial thing to do with script to update device with size. events can be triggered by device value. would you like such a script? This is how we did things back in early hs1 days

Comment

As Michael indicated, a script would be a good way to go, but Jon00 has this: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/3r...or-homseer-2-3. He also has utilities that allow you to monitor total disk usage and you can set alerts on that. I use that to monitor my HS computer and also my NAS storage.
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Sparkman,

It used to be Rupp's job to know everything going on on the board. Are you pining to replace him?

I agree it is better to take something that exist than create something new.

Comment

some package on nodered does it . You could do a search on their library https://flows.nodered.org/search?type=node

But a script would be more direct .

another way is to make a bat file or .sh... and send the value to mqtt topic.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            Sparkman,

It used to be Rupp's job to know everything going on on the board. Are you pining to replace him?
            Lol, not at all. 😂
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
            X