Multiple devices in a if statement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple devices in a if statement

Is there no way to select multiple devices in an if statement ?

As of right now I have to say

If motion 1 inactive Or if motion 2 inactive Or if motion 3 inactive

I want to do something like this

If motion1, motion2, motion3, are all inactive

Welcome to the forum, fellow Grants Passer!

First, there is a discrepancy with the problem you postulate. What you "have to say" is not the same thing as what you "want to do." The two statements would be logically equivalent if you changed all your OR IFs to AND IFs (which I suspect is what you want).

If I am correct, so far, then I think you can get what you want from the (optional purchase) EasyTrigger plug-in. If you have the plug-in, you can declare all of your motionx devices to be members of a device group. Your (EasyTrigger) IF statement would ask whether any member of the group has just changed. You would add an (EasyTrigger) AND IF statement that verifies that every member of the motionx group is inactive, and ...

Voila! Your event will trigger whenever the last remaining active member of the group becomes inactive.

Whenever you need to add or delete motion detection devices, you won't need to mess with the event definition -- just edit the EasyTrigger device group.

A few observations:
    • If you don't have EasyTrigger, I highly recommend you acquire it. You won't be sorry.
    • I believe the EasyTrigger functionality I have described requires the latest beta version, but don't let that scare you.
    • Literal interpretations of what you "have to say" and what you "want to do" are not good. The IF condition should be based on a change in a device value. Be careful not to define a runaway trigger that pops off every second.

Comment

Originally posted by ericg View Post
      There's a bug in the forum software that shows locations for guests to be the same as your own location. He shows as being in Calgary for me...
      HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
      Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post

There's a bug in the forum software that shows locations for guests to be the same as your own location. He shows as being in Calgary for me...
        Thank you, I'll remember that.

Comment

First, there is a discrepancy with the problem you postulate. What you "have to sappvalley tutuapp tweakbox
          ay" is not the same thing as what you "want to do." The two statements would be logically equivalent if you changed all your OR IFs to AND IFs (which I suspect is what you want).

If I am correct, so far, then I think you can get what you want from the (optional purchase) EasyTrigger plug-in. If you have the plug-in, you can declare all of your motionx devices to be members of a device group. Your (EasyTrigger) IF statement would ask whether any member of the group has just changed. You would add an (EasyTrigger) AND IF statement that verifies that every member of the motionx group is inactive, and ...

Voila! Your event will trigger whenever the last remaining active member of the group becomes inactive.

Whenever you need to add or delete motion detection devices, you won't need to mess with the even

agreed!!

Comment

Working...
          X