Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming open source remote control kit...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eman
    replied
    The remote (as NEEO) is a front end to the automation servers solely for media although can perform other tasks and is for those who don't wish to use voice in their setups. And then there are Alexa and Google Home ==> you get the picture!

Eman.

Leave a comment:

• Statikk
    replied
    I'm not a fan of the minimalist design of remotes these days. They're all the same and there aren't enough buttons to control complex systems effectively. That's the only reason I haven't upgraded from my Harmony 880. My Harmony can be as simple or complex as I need it to be with plenty of hardware buttons for normal functions and soft buttons for the less used stuff. The new remotes want you to use soft buttons/on screen displays for everything and give you a couple rockers and a directional and call it good. My personal ideal home automation control is voice for lights/fans as well as voice for turning home theater on/off and changing activities but leaving actual control of the home theater to the remote while it's in use.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    Originally posted by Gadgetman! View Post
    Also, isn't one common goal to automate our way out of the need to use a remote all the time?
    That is what makes it home Automation and a Smart home, but recently the idea of remotely controlled electronics has taken over the concept so here we are. Devices which are turned on/off by an app instead of the light switch. Apparently my TV became Automated/Smart around 1980 but I just learned the first tv remote came out in 1950. So I guess they were smart and the shows on them never had to be!

Leave a comment:

• Gadgetman!
    replied
    Can't say that I see the point. Nothing that can't also be done using an old cell-phone and the HSTouch package, and that integrates directly.
    Also, isn't one common goal to automate our way out of the need to use a remote all the time?

Leave a comment:

• MrMxyzptlk
    started a topic Upcoming open source remote control kit...

Upcoming open source remote control kit...

Looks pretty cool, join the forum and you can see what it's all about.
    This looks similar to the NEEO remote that unfortunately purchased by Control4.

They are looking for as many 'community' devs as they can get.
    The main dude at on this project uses Home Assistant, so I'm sure a few peeps from here that know how to develop a HomeSeer 'connection', would be highly welcomed.

https://www.yio-remote.com
Working...
X