KWikset 888 Keypad unlock not triggering event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KWikset 888 Keypad unlock not triggering event

I can trigger an event on a manual unlock of my Kwikset 888 but not on a keypad unlock operation. The log shows the keypad unlock was detected. I saw some earlier similar problems in the forum but didn't see a solution mentioned.

Thanks for the help

charbwin, I'm looking at buying a lock and the 888 is on the list of candidates. So I was wondering if you got this working?

For your first If, what is that 6000-6040 range related to?

Would you mind sharing a snapshot of your related devices list for this lock?

Thanks.

Comment

Yes I have gotten it to work. I've included some photos because being new to the forum I haven't figured out how to include in-line shots of my HS pages. Maybe you can tell me how to do that.

Something changed in the device display as I was trying things and I had three "Unknown" operations now as possible. These corresponded to three "Unknowns" in the "Access Control Notification" Status Graphics section. These are values 5, 6 and 7. Note that I changed the names from Unknown to ZZZZZZ, YYYYYY and Keypad Unlock Operation as I was debugging it. Keypad Unlock Operation corresponds to a value of 6. So now I can set up an event to trigger when Access Control Notification becomes equal to 6. I'll play around and figure out what value 5 and 7 correspond to but I have what I need.

If you look at the
      Access Control Notification Status Graphics section picture you'll see values of 5000-5040 and 6000-6040. These correspond to values for the 40 security codes the lock can take. So you can set up an event to trigger on a specific code entered on the lock keypad. Like send an email when the cleaners come and unlock the door with their code..
      Attached Files

Comment

I see now that the reason those values appeared in the device page is because the "both" box was checked in the status and control boxes. So that opens many options for triggering.

I would say I'm very happy with this lock and the price was right.

Comment

Originally posted by charbwin View Post
          Yes I have gotten it to work. I've included some photos because being new to the forum I haven't figured out how to include in-line shots of my HS pages. Maybe you can tell me how to do that.
          What I meant was exactly what you did. Take screen captures. Thanks.

Thanks also for the added information. Regarding your VVV... and ZZZ... Here's what I found about the Kwikset Alarm events classification. There does not seem to be as many as the listing above. I'm also assuming that the last (3), battery related are covered in the Battery device. That being said the list I found might have been upgraded with time. You'll see if at one point your device string becomes ZZZ or VVV. We should also keep in mind that the HS3 built-in logic is also being used for othe model and brand of locks. This may explain why they were initially labelled "Unknowns" as the software was not able to match to any data.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Alarm events classification.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	166.3 KB
ID:	1339119

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by charbwin View Post

I would say I'm very happy with this lock and the price was right.
            Thanks for the comment. I now seriously lean toward this one. I'm now just wondering if I should be hoping for some Black Friday rebate on Amazon...

Comment

Working...
            X