Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Graphing all my homeseer data with InfluxDB Telegraf and Grafana!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graphing all my homeseer data with InfluxDB Telegraf and Grafana!

First off, a special thanks to @Iveatch who wrote the script I'm using to do all this. He did 99% of the hard work. All I did was install some applications on my computer and
    configure the graphs.

The 1 thing I hated about Homeseer is a lack of any good way to visualize the data gathered. Once a minute, Iveatch's script exports all my z-wave values to an influxDB database via Telegraf, which is then visualized with Grafana. Values that have not changed between updates have their last value exported again, so that infrequently updated values like switches don't vanish from the dashboard.

Click image for larger version  Name:	wweaxbA.jpg Views:	160 Size:	50.3 KB ID:	1339744
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Ckx8Rmp.jpg Views:	122 Size:	47.5 KB ID:	1339745
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Oc97BS5.jpg Views:	120 Size:	73.7 KB ID:	1339746
    Click image for larger version  Name:	0wlFnx5.jpg Views:	123 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	1339747
    Click image for larger version  Name:	lPndVdr.jpg Views:	123 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	1339748

Nice - how'd you set the dashboard up and their queries? I always had to resort to custom queries to get what I really want.

For anyone out there with a spare pi, you can go to github and download the IOTstack script - installs docker with telegraf, influxdb, grafana mosquitto and node red as containers, dead easy to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by Furious View Post
      Nice - how'd you set the dashboard up and their queries? I always had to resort to custom queries to get what I really want.

For anyone out there with a spare pi, you can go to github and download the IOTstack script - installs docker with telegraf, influxdb, grafana mosquitto and node red as containers, dead easy to maintain.
      I just use the built in queries and plugins. No hand editing anything.

The one troublesome thing, is that occasionally the Z-wave network will return insane values, and that screws up the graph scaling; I've got no way of sanity checking it. I've found that limiting the number of routing nodes in the Z-wave network seems to significantly reduce this problem. I followed the advice of the z-wave network maintenance thread to backup the interface and then reload it, then use the "optimize" function as little as possible to obtain good connectivity from all nodes. When I do get an insane value I wind up setting a limit on the Minimum or maximum scale to make it display correctly until the value is no longer on the graph. You can play with the time interval and averaging to mitigate the problem as well, but I like my high resolution. If you do your polling once a minute, and set your time interval in grafana to 5 minutes, you have 5 data points to calculate off of. A mode average of those 5 data points should dump insane values, since they only ever show up for a single polling point.

Comment

Hello. What are you using to gather the Energy Consumption data?
        Karl S
        HS4Pro on Windows 10
        1070 Devices
        56 Z-Wave Nodes
        104 Events
        HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
        Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
        X