Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danielbo
    replied
    i now have three licenses for honeywell and have tried installing all three plugins and cant get any to install. I bought the third one thinking it was an upgrade. I first got the message, I must uninstall plug in first, so I did. Now nothing is showing, but I keep getting the message I must uninstall plug in first. I am using hs4 and nothing is showing under plugins as installed. Could someone please help me getting this started again. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• ZRadiooo
    replied
    Does the Honeywell Intrusion keep on the programmed scheduled if you include it into the Z-wave network? Some poster on Amazon suggested that it will ignore the schedule if it's on the Z-wave network, i.e. it is controlled 100% through HS. Is that how it actually works or can you use the built in programming function and then override as needed with HS?

Do either of the Train or HW allow you to select the Energy Saving mode from HS?

Thanks all.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    Originally posted by pcburcham View Post

Very true.

This thermostat supports status: battery% (for backup), power mgmt (state of power supplied from unit, disconnects/reconnects), temp, humidity, fan state, operating state

controllable: fan mode, thermostat mode, heat setpoint, cool setpoint, and energy save setpoints for heating and cooling
    And on the HomeSeer side, I only have devices for temp settings, fan state, operating state, and NO devices for battery%, power mgmt (state of power supplied from unit, humidity, or energy save setpoints for heating and cooling.

Leave a comment:

• pcburcham
    replied
    Originally posted by ewkearns View Post
    I had a CT-100 go bad and the installer went with the Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat. That thermostat does not have the "humidity" command_class, although it included very easily. Whatever you buy, make sure it supports the command_classes you need and want.
    Very true.

This thermostat supports status: battery% (for backup), power mgmt (state of power supplied from unit, disconnects/reconnects), temp, humidity, fan state, operating state

controllable: fan mode, thermostat mode, heat setpoint, cool setpoint, and energy save setpoints for heating and cooling

Leave a comment:

• mulu
    replied
    I was looking at pretty much every z-wave thermostat and decided for the Trane XL624. The reason is that I wanted a tablet with HSTouch that among other things can control the heater. The thermostat then goes right next to the heater/AC, i.e. it's hidden. Temperature has to be measured inside the house, though. Hence, I needed a thermostat where I can disable the built-in temperature sensor and just use a second remote sensor. Many of the other z-wave thermostats would also allow a second sensor but it would average the two sensors.

Leave a comment:

• ewkearns
    replied
    I had a CT-100 go bad and the installer went with the Trane XR524 Z-Wave Thermostat. That thermostat does not have the "humidity" command_class, although it included very easily. Whatever you buy, make sure it supports the command_classes you need and want.

Leave a comment:

• pcburcham
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisgrange View Post
    Did you end up getting the Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave thermostat? What's been your experience using it with Homeseer? I'm purchasing new thermostats, and am strongly considering this model.
    Yes, and like Shatz I've been happy with it. Running 2 of them and have had no issues in HS3 or HS4 (Make sure you are on the latest version if using HS4, 4.1.1.0 - Temp changes do work in earlier versions but aren't reflected in HS). Voice control (I'm using Echos) works just fine. The only thing I don't like about this thermostat is the fact that you can't change the lock code. It is factory set and can't be changed, so make a note on your phone. It's annoying to have to look up the code before you can unlock the thermostat to adjust it, but if you have it configured and voice control enabled it's almost a moot point. Most everything you will want to fine tune is available in HS and temp adjustments are as easy as saying "set thermostat to ##". I think you'll like it if you decide to go with it.

Leave a comment:

• Shatz
    replied
    I've been using this thermostat for around 2 years now. I don't use many of it's functions as I only have it controlling a two wire heat only system, but I've been very happy with it. It was the only z-wave thermostat that I could find that worked with no c-wire (batteries only) and meet the WAF.

Leave a comment:

• chrisgrange
    replied
    Did you end up getting the Honeywell T6 Pro Z-Wave thermostat? What's been your experience using it with Homeseer? I'm purchasing new thermostats, and am strongly considering this model.

Leave a comment:

• pcburcham
    started a topic Honeywell Z-Wave Thermostat

Honeywell Z-Wave Thermostat

Is anyone using the Honeywell Intrusion TH6320ZW2003 z-wave thermostat in their setup? https://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Int...dp/B07H5FR7WL/

If so, what has been your experience been like: installing (configuration), controlling through HS3 (what setpoints available), controlling with events, and reliability?
Working...
X