Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling Serial Device on a Global Cache GC-100

Hi,

I have a Global Cache GC-100 and I want to use the serial "device" of this unit to control an Epson Projector using Rs232 commands.

I am currently using the UltraGCIR3 plugin for the IR output and works perfect, however for serial devic control its not supported. The developer for UltraGCIR3 states in the user guide that "The UltraGCIR3 device does not provide direct access to the Global Caché serial device".

Is anyone controlling the serial devices of a Global Cache GC-100? If so, are you using another plugin or script?

Thanks
    Chris

Over the years various IP/Serial devices have been used with mcsSprinklers. McsSprinklers handles direct IP communications or the used can setup a COM emulation/driver. The GC was one of the adapters used. When emulation is used then global cache provides the COM driver. You then configure your projector to this COM. Projectors are not that common so COM drivers may not be available. What may have a better chance is the raw serial communications over IP. You then need to know what byte sequence is needed to control the projector. This should be available from Epson. You then send a TCP packet to GC with the payload expected by projector.

Comment

Big5 plug-in does provide universal support for serial devices.

Comment

The GC-100 is not a serial device. It is a IP-Serial bridge. You can install a serial emulation driver in some cases and make it look like a serial device. The next step then becomes what is the protocol to make the Epson jump through hoops. I know I have used the GC in the past with mcsSprinklers where I talked directly via IP connection or via a COM emulation. The GC plugin author should be able to support a similar capability.

Comment

There’s a free serial/tcp plugin that will do what you meed. As Michael indicated, you need to install software on the system to make the remote serial port like a local serial port. There are some free ones available for Windows. I can post links later when I het back to my system.
          HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
          Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Working...
          X