Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device/plug-in support when moving from HS 1.7 to HS 4 (looking for guidance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Device/plug-in support when moving from HS 1.7 to HS 4 (looking for guidance)

I have been running successfully on HS 1.7 for years. I purchased an HS 2.0 license (never used) and an upgrade license for HS 3 (still unused). As my hardware ages, I’m considering on putting the effort into upgrading to HS 4.

My worry is that the technical configuration that I’ve built in HS 1.7 is no longer supported if I move to HS 4. I am hoping that I could get some guidance from people running HS 3, and those knowledgeable in HS 4, on what’s supported and how (through plug-ins).

Can you guide me in what will be supported natively in HS 4 and through plug-ins. And importantly, what’s not going to work! Here’s my list.
    - all X10 control through Cm11a (actually using the XTB– 232)
    - CM19a for ninjas
    - MR26a
    - W800Rf32a
    - Edgeport (providing serial port connection through USB. I’m hoping that this will provide connectivity for my numerous serial devices)
    - temp05 (serial connection for one-wire temperature input)
    - DS9097a (serial connection for Weather Display)
    - Asel (serial connection control thru hyper terminal)
    - send keys through scripting
    - extensive visual basic scripting using TXT files
    - TXB16 thermostat (thru x10)

thanks!

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post
    I have been running successfully on HS 1.7 for years. I purchased an HS 2.0 license (never used) and an upgrade license for HS 3 (still unused). As my hardware ages, I’m considering on putting the effort into upgrading to HS 4.

My worry is that the technical configuration that I’ve built in HS 1.7 is no longer supported if I move to HS 4. I am hoping that I could get some guidance from people running HS 3, and those knowledgeable in HS 4, on what’s supported and how (through plug-ins).

Can you guide me in what will be supported natively in HS 4 and through plug-ins. And importantly, what’s not going to work! Here’s my list.
    - CM19a for ninjas
    - MR26a
    - W800Rf32a
    - Edgeport (providing serial port connection through USB. I’m hoping that this will provide connectivity for my numerous serial devices)
    - extensive scripting using TXT files

thanks!
    i cant answer for you... BUT.. i think this is a good situation where you mentioned your hardware is aging.. so if you have new hardware... id ask to be put on the private beta group... then you can see for yourself as I see many unique items you have.
    I too use X10...but use the TI-103 and I use W800RF32 (serial based - i think gotta double check ) and i use BLRF with it for my MS13a's and DS10a's
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

Originally posted by JeffCharger View Post

The XTB-232 is supported in HS3 so should work in HS4

- CM19a for ninjas
      - MR26a

Not sure

- W800Rf32a

You may need to purchase a plugin (BLRF for example)

This has nothing to do with Homeseer versions. The Edgeport have drivers for major OS including Windows 10

Will all work with your Edgeport

Yes, Windows versions of HS3 and HS4 only. You can also achieve the same with VB.NET scripting.

- extensive visual basic scripting using TXT files

Whilst VBScript is still supported in HS3 and HS4 (Windows versions), a number of the scripting calls have changed or been removed since HS1. VB.NET scripting is the only way to go which is supported in both Windows and Linux based Homeseer installations.

Not sure

thanks!
      Jon

Comment

thanks for the thoughts folks! This certainly helps. While I read these notes right after postings, I neglected to thank you! Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X