Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange log entries since I installed the TI103.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange log entries since I installed the TI103.

Hello group..
    Don't know if it is coincidence, or if something else is going on but about 1.5 weeks after I installed the TI103, I started seeing strange entries in my log, and every once in a while I would have a phantom firing of an event, usually right after running a normal one..The entries that I am seeing are not even correct, instead of something like A1off or something like that it will be "a off" or sometimes even an entry on a housecode I don't use..The likely hood of one of my neighbors using X10 is really slim, most are elderly folks..I have been having some trouble with my signal bridge, Leviton 6201..It keeps locking up..Could this be the culprit? I need to unplug it, but wanted to see if anyone else has had anything like this after installing the TI103...Thanks! John

John,

The phantom A ON's OFF seem to be a common TI103 artifact. When I switched from my CM11A to the TI103 I started getting a significant amount of JOFF's MOFFs etc..

I worked with Rich for about a month on this. Replaced the TI103 and even ran some test code he supplied to no avail. I also have a Leviton repeater and am planning on replacing it with the ACT CR234 to see if that will fix the problem.

On the other hand, it looks like the phantom firings are not affecting anything in HS or are not the result of a missed X10 command. They seem to be random occurances. I've had this for about 5 months now and so far, I really haven't documented any missed commands.

It seems that the TI103 is much more sensitive than the CM11A and may be picking up either stray noise on the line, or is picking up the echo of the duplicated X10 retransmission that the repeater is putting out on the line.

George

Comment

I have the same experience. started getting random (x) ons and (x) offs after installing TI103. I just installed CR234 works great but didn't stop random (x) ons and offs.

Gene

Comment

I see them occasionally too, but the interesting thing is that I've seen them for years, and I haven't had a TI103 or HS for that long. I have had a StarGate, and it will every now and then report A, M, O and P commands, or all units on a house code. I used to think it was one of my neighbors, but now that I have two devices monitoring X10, I realized it was probably not a real command. It seems to have actually started happening less often now that I have my TI103, and I do not see these phantom events at all on HS (which uses the TI103). I am not using any kind of repeater either. I think it is just noise, or echo, and is only picked up by the more sensitive X10 interfaces. I don't use any of those house codes, so it doesn't cause any problems for me.

Bill

Comment

Is it affecting HS? Are these "noise" signals turning on or off any devices? I use a CM11A and the Leviton Coupler/Repeater and I see a couple of stray signals a month.

-Rupp
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes it is stillllll .<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rupp:
            Is it affecting HS? Are these "noise" signals turn on or off any devices? I use a CM11A and the Leviton Coupler/Repeater and I see a couple of stray signals a month.

-Rupp<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Comment

Reading this thread is interesting. I have one device which seems to echo X10 commands sometimes. I have a TI203 which is basically the Australian version of the 103 so it's 240Volts/50Hertz instead of 110/60. And example is below:

29/02/2004 7:03:00 AM~!~Event Trigger~!~Time Trigger (Lizard Fluro Light On) P1 On (Pets Lizard Fluro Light)
              29/02/2004 7:03:02 AM~!~X10 Received~!~ P On

This only happens sometimes. Is this a loopback event inside the ti103 (or the plugin) that's captured or is it some other device echoing this back to the ti103?

Given the example above what was the received command. It's not a unit code and it's not an ALL ON for the P housecode.. It seems to be half a code.

I'm not all that worried about the odd entry in the log as long as it doesn't start changing HS device status.

Ross.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

rirvine,

This has been discussed several times in the past. Here are two of the links I have seen on the issue:

TI103 echos

TI103 phantoms

I do see the same things from my TI103 and although I have never noticed it turning a light off/on it does fire off events. I have not found a solution to the issue. The only thing I have been able to do to help with the problem is to send a different or bogus code after the actual code or the most recent valid code will keep getting triggered when an echo/phantom appears.

Jeff

Comment

Jeff,

I was thinking of trying the same thing to get around this annoyance. Are you manually triggering a bogus code, or does sending a code through the TI103 from HS also work?

Comment

I have had pretty good luck with manually triggering a bogus code after sending the real one. Automatically sending it should do the same since both the manual and automatic method send out the codes through the TI103. I hate having to setup a bogus event or trigger for each real one, but the spending the time to do it is probably worthwhile since it only takes a few sporadic events to lower the WAF a few notches.

Comment

Jeff,
                        I am getting random HOFFs. Unfortunately, it sometimes comes after an H16ON. The H16OFF is the trigger to turn all the lights and appliances in the house. Talk about a WAF killer!

So are saying you created an event triggered on H16ON in this case and sent something else like H17 just to throw the HOFF out of a valid unit code?

Comment

Steve,

In the past I had always just manually triggered another code after issuing say B8 or B9 so that these 2 events would not be triggered when the phantom was received. Since this issue came back up the other day I created an event that fires anytime any code for B is received. This then sends a B16 On through the TI103 a couple seconds later. So then if I receive a phantom BOFF or BON it should try and use the B16 and not the B8 or B9. I have only been using it a couple days so it is too early to tell, but I have not seen any unexpected triggering.

I still don't like having to do this as I am increasing the amount of X10 traffic and cpu processing, but it is better than nothing. I still like the idea of a change to the TI103 plug-in to ignore codes that are not sent with a valid unit number.

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for the idea. I added an event tonight that fires on any H actions and triggers H2ON 1 second later. H2 is unused for me.

Comment

Working...
                            X