Any update on Orbit B-Hyve control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any update on Orbit B-Hyve control?

I read somewhere they have an API now but can't find much on it, and nothing with regards to Homeseer. The valves seem to get good reviews. Because of how our property is spread out, it would be a decent undertaking to wire traditional valves in where needed, but the wireless Bhyve valves would be slick if there was a way to integrate control with HS. I have looked at the Linktap stuff which looks like it would work the same way, but a lot more money and less available.

What I have seen published it looks to be a good product. Recognize that the WiFi is for the controller and not the valves. You still need to run wires from the controller to the valves in the irrigation field. The WiFi just gives you remote access to the controller.

I had done a search and found there was an API available, but for the link I found you needed to have your product login info so looked to be only available to those who had already purchased on. If you can find the API docs with public access then I can take a look.

I do have Sonoff 4CH Pro which is a WiFi device integrated with mcsSprinklers to provide a WiFi interface to the controller. I put firmware in the Sonoff that does the monitoring expected for irrigation applications.

Comment

I'm referring specifically to these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-B-...1004/303010777

It looks like the valves themselves are actually bluetooth (they can be controlled locally via phone app without the "wifi hub") and can be bought for <$40 each on Amazon, making them pretty stinking cheap, and no wires required. Obviously questions remain at that point about range, multiple "wifi hubs" on one network etc. Temped to go pick one up to learn more.

Just stumbled across this, looks like someone's getting there with ST: https://community.smartthings.com/t/...martapp/171730

Comment

I read through some of the smartthings thread and it looks as if they used a RPi to convert the WebSocket or the Orbit to a MQTT and then smarthings could understand MQTT. If you do find the API documentation or get more info on the RPi app then I am willing to continue with it.

Comment

I picked one up today and will do some digging when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wabbastang View Post
            I picked one up today and will do some digging when I get a chance.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
            And?

Comment

And?

Comment

Working...
              X