Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ryobi Garage Door Opener Plugin (in progress)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryobi Garage Door Opener Plugin (in progress)

I have a Ryobi GDO 200, and I've written a plugin for it.

I've got it working with the following accessories:
    Door Up/Down
    Light On/Off
    Fan On/Off or speed control
    Park Assist Laser

It recognizes other devices such as the Extension cord, but I don't think there are any worthwhile actions to use with that, and I don't have any other devices to test with that might have controllable actions or inputs.

I do need help testing a multiple garage door system, since I only have one unit. I think I've written the code to handle more than one, but who knows.

If there is any interest, let me know. Click image for larger version  Name:	ryobi.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.4 KB ID:	1344675Click image for larger version  Name:	ryobi2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.6 KB ID:	1344676
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Hi Joe(zimmer62)... I have to same Ryobi GDO... I would like to try your plugin for it. Look awesome !!!
    Thanks to let me know if possible

Jonathan

Comment

That looks very interesting, its on my list to replace our Garage Door openers. Just one question, does it have contacts to use standard button for garage open and close ?

We love our Genie intellicode code remotes and door keypads. ( add on version )

Steven R

Comment

I would certainly be interested in this plugin. Right now I am running a hacked remote with the GoControl and it's less than ideal.

Comment

I'm also definitely interested in this plug-in. I just found this post because I was searching for a way to integrate my HS3 to my GD200.
          I also have just one garage door opener, but I'd be happy to help with testing.

Comment

Originally posted by StevenR View Post
            That looks very interesting, its on my list to replace our Garage Door openers. Just one question, does it have contacts to use standard button for garage open and close ?

We love our Genie intellicode code remotes and door keypads. ( add on version )

Steven R
            While I much prefer my Ryobi GD200 to the super loud 20 year old Chamberlain it replaced, I don't know that I'd recommend it. It seems like Ryobi has discontinued the product after a patent dispute lawsuit from Chamberlain.
            https://chamberlaingroup.com/2018/05...berlain-group/

Also, it has some kind of annoying issues with dropping off wifi and being intermittently unresponsive. I ended up adding a mesh repeater in my garage to help it out, but it's still flaky on wifi. One of the ways that has manifested for me was attempting to open it via the mobile app and the opener not responding..... until hours later after I had left home.

Comment

There are several options for automated control of garage door openers that have a push button that is a simple contact closure. This covers most except more recent that transmit a digital code rather than closing contact on a wire that goes to the controller.

My Genie has two contact sensors on the chain rail. One for door in closed position. One for door in open position. If neither is active then door is somewhere in between. The retrofit automation control units typically have a single sensor to know if the door is fully closed or not. Various technologies are used for this sensor such as ultrasonic distance, reed switch/relay, etc.

In my case I used the existing two door position sensors and a firmware update to a $5 Sonoff to provide local LAN and Alexa control of the garage door. It is described in mcsMQTT user manual.

Comment

Sorry I've been absent for a while form the forums... Ryobi isn't making these openers anymore.. I LOVE mine though.

I would like to share this plugin, but there's probably work to do first. First and foremost I need to figure out if I'm going to update my system to HS4 or wait. I'm really heavily invested in running my house via insteon and last I checked (which is why I'm here today on the fourms, going to check again) the support I need really wasn't there yet. (mnsandler)

Anyhow, knowing there is some interest, I should probably dust this back off and get some code to people who do want to test it.

Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
                  Sorry I've been absent for a while form the forums... Ryobi isn't making these openers anymore.. I LOVE mine though.

I would like to share this plugin, but there's probably work to do first. First and foremost I need to figure out if I'm going to update my system to HS4 or wait. I'm really heavily invested in running my house via insteon and last I checked (which is why I'm here today on the fourms, going to check again) the support I need really wasn't there yet. (mnsandler)

Anyhow, knowing there is some interest, I should probably dust this back off and get some code to people who do want to test it.
                  I can say that I don't have any intentions of going to HS4, so I'm definitely in your current target demographic. And yes, I'm happy to help with testing.

Comment

any chance there's a plugin i can try?

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderSense View Post
                      any chance there's a plugin i can try?
                      Sorry, nothing I'm going to develop further. I've jumped ship from HomeSeer to a different product.
                      Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

zimmer62 there is unspoken rule that when someone mentioned what product they left Homeseer for that it be disclosed.

Comment

https://community.home-assistant.io/...a-ha/211635/39
                          Jon

Comment

Working...
                          X