Blue Iris 5 and Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blue Iris 5 and Homeseer

Hello, I've recently started using Blue Iris V5. I've attempted to get the Blue Iris plugin by highpeak software to work with homeseer. I can test the connection from the plug-in, everything checks out. The cameras show up as devices, they are green if no motion is detected, red if motion detected. Here's the issue, I created a very simple event, if motion is detected on camera, turn on a light. I'm not able to get the light to turn on even while motion is detected in both blue iris and the camera device is red "motion" in homeseer. Has anyone experienced this?

Also wanted to mention that pressing the “trigger” on HS next to the camera “device” does set off blue iris to record as if a motion event occurred

Comment

Can you post your event screenshot here?
      There are many factors which can prevent your event from working. What you mention above explains that the plugin works with HomeSeer. You probably don't have an interface (controller) to control the light................

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

See attached. Also saw this on another thread: https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ca...-for-bi5/page2
        Attached Files

Comment

Update... I was able to get motion to work by doing the following. This seems to be working for now.Click image for larger version

Name:	finished.JPG
Views:	780
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1345073

Comment

You should now test your lighting independently before you call them out with Blue-Iris. What type of lighting do you have? (Zwave or otherwise?.)

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

It works, the blue iris plugin does not work correctly with BI5.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobegan View Post
                It works, the blue iris plugin does not work correctly with BI5.
                I have had no issues with it. Do you have the cameras set to continuous recording?
                HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

No, only motion triggers

Comment

Did you set up the web request
                    Code:
                    <homeseer IP>/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE
                    under Blue Iris's camera settings? (Camera settings -> alerts ...action/on alert) Without that the plugin would never be informed that a trigger occurred.

Comment

Can confirm that this plugin still works on HS4 & BI5, but your web request on alert setup in BI has to be in this format:

useridassword@HomeSeerIP/JSON?request=pluginfunction&function=Alert&plugin=Blue-Iris&P1=&CAM&P2=&TYPE

Without it the "useridassword@" part it won't work (obviously replacing those with your user id & password), even if you have your homeseer set to not need login on local. This solution will not enable "motion" events, but instant "recording" events will start working which you can use as the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X