Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Copy an Event Group (and All Events within It)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Do I Copy an Event Group (and All Events within It)?

I've Googled and searched the forums and it seems the last time this was brought up was over 4 years ago. I apologize if my search foo is not up to spec and I missed more recent conversations.

I'm currently in the process of installing switches throughout my home. Of those, HomeSeer RGB Fan Controllers, which I'm loving. For the first one I installed, I setup an event group and 8 events within it that change the LED color based on the current fan speed (in both 3 and 4 speed operation mode). I just installed my second RGB fan controller and I would like to copy this event group that I setup and simply reconfigure it to the second device.

Has anyone had any luck copying event groups? I have a total of 9 fan controllers to install and it would be absolutely brutal to recreate all these manually!

I'm running HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548 (Windows).

UPDATE: I spoke with tech support (since they were open and I didn't realize that when I posted this). There is no way to copy an entire event group, but you can copy a single event and then use "Reassign Group" to move it to the new group. Tedious, but less tedious than recreating everything from scratch 9 times. :-)

Comment

Working...
    X