New, unexpected issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New, unexpected issue...

I have been using a TI103 for about 2 years without any real problems. However, one evening last week I suddenly could not control anything. A quick check of the HS log showed the following error being repeated every second and my CPU usage was at 100%:

8/31/2004 11:12:22 PM~!~Debug TI103~!~Buffer overflow, resending

I tried restarting HS and unplugging/plugging the TI103 several times, but the issue continued. So, I replaced the TI103 with my backup CM11A and all was back to normal (except for the devices that can't be controlled due to the CM11A's weaker signal strength).

For giggles, I tried the TI103 again this weekend and it seemed to work just fine - until last night when we had a repeat performance. This time, however, the problem seemed to "heal" itself after 28 mins, 21 secs.

Anyone ever seen this before?
    Attached Files
    Best regards,
    -Mark-

If you're not out on the edge, you're taking up too much room!
    Interested in 3D maps? Check out my company site: Solid Terrain Modeling

Maybe noise on the line and the TI103 is waiting to send data. Is your retransmit tries on the TI103 set to infinite ?
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Mark,

Yes, I have seen it several times (5 or 6). I tracked it down to what I think is a loose connection caused by strain on the serial cable going into the TI103. I haven't opened mine up, but I suspect that the cable is not physically anchored well enough. By jiggling the cable around where it enters the TI103 I have been able to get it to work again every time. Once it is working, do not move it or the cable going into it and it should be OK. Also you need to unplug it and plug it back in sometimes and restart HomeSeer. I have contemplated trying to get it replaced, but I have had it for several years, and once I fiddle with it and get it working, I don't think about it again until the next time.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X