Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Motion sensor not updating - Fixed by a rescan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motion sensor not updating - Fixed by a rescan.

I have one of these Schlage RS100 door/window sensors that has been working great until I noticed a few weeks ago it stopped working. I realized the battery probably died so replaced it. It's working again. What's odd though is in homeseer the root device updates (see below screenshot) when i trigger it but not the motion sensor device and i'm at a loss as to what to do about it. Tried pulling the battery back in/out but no luck.

Kinda feel dumb at the moment because i don't know enough to know what else to try. Any help or suggestions anyone? The device's manual isn't helpful..

Click image for larger version  Name:	CqILPEviHK.png Views:	0 Size:	34.8 KB ID:	1348078

You could wake the device up (check manual on how to do it.. might be the battery in/out or cover on/off.), then rescan from the zwave tab of the device. I find that battery operated devices can be a bit finicky when polled by HS.

Could also wait 12 hours and see if it catches up... that often fixes it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomgru View Post
      You could wake the device up (check manual on how to do it.. might be the battery in/out or cover on/off.), then rescan from the zwave tab of the device. I find that battery operated devices can be a bit finicky when polled by HS.

Could also wait 12 hours and see if it catches up... that often fixes it.
      I didn't even think about just waiting to see if it self corrects. Heh.. think i'll do that for now and if not try rescanning. Thanks!

Comment

So waiting 12 hours didn't fix it. So I tried the rescan route and that worked. At first i clicked the button on the sensor to wake it up, then ran to my computer and hit rescan but that didn't work. So I tried the reverse by hitting rescan first, then running to the sensor and pressing the button. That worked. So I thought i'd follow up in here in case anyone stumbles across this thread. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
        X