steinel z-wave outdoor sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I also bought one IS-140-2. Inclusion went relatively easy, indeed seen as unknown manufacturer. In my first try I changed some of the parameters but the lights were quite unstable. Second try, after succesfully excluding and then including again, I left the parameters on default. The sensor shows correctly when motion is detected, but the lights turn on multiple times a day (daylight/night) and can only turn them off by first put them to the on-status (as Homeseer doesn't detect it's on) and only then I'm able to turn it off.

Could someone share their parameter settings? I think my wishes are rather standard (during day motion sensor doesn't trigger light, but after it is getting dark, motion sensor should trigger light for X minutes)... Or should I change the associations, now being three (as also shown in the post above)?

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    Originally posted by Kernal69 View Post
    To Mikee123:
    Have you tried to restart Homeseer with group2 association active to the sensor ?
    My z-wave network goes down if i do it.
    Not sure what you mean, mine included as shown in post #4, and I never changed the association and I have the same for both of the sensors I have.

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Very interesting to know.
    Then i know it not just my z-wave network that is behaving strange with this sensors.

The question is , what can be done to make it work ?
    Is it Homeseer that is incompatible with this sensors ?

I suspect it might be Homeseer - When I included the 1st Steinel light, it overwrote an existing z-wave device and then proceeded to screw the entire z-wave database. Every device I added after that was allocated an existing device ID so I had to start from scratch - the devices didn't take long, but the events did!!

I don't know how to make it work and I don't intend trying again!! There are other z-wave PIR/Floods available - might try one of them when I'm feeling brave!

I just have them running as dumb floods - for that job, they are quite good apart from - they have a tendency to hang & there's no sensitivity control on the PIR

Cheers
    Scott

Leave a comment:

• Kernal69
    replied
    To Mikee123:
    Have you tried to restart Homeseer with group2 association active to the sensor ?
    My z-wave network goes down if i do it.

Leave a comment:

• Kernal69
    replied
    Very interesting to know.
    Then i know it not just my z-wave network that is behaving strange with this sensors.

The question is , what can be done to make it work ?
    Is it Homeseer that is incompatible with this sensors ?

Leave a comment:

• ScottRennie
    replied
    Strange that yours works without removing group2 associaction.
    If i keep it the whole z-wave network goes down and nothing works.
    One of mine also stucks sometime.
    But i only use the "Reset application status" and it works again.
    I have found out that this one have firmware 0.48 and my other have 1.0.
    I have contacted Steinel for firmware update file but i have not yet got any.

Yes i have excluded one of them and included it again but the problem remains.
    No errors then i include them but as i said if i don't remove group2 association directly after everything goes wrong.
    Maybe it's a combination with my controler.
    I use z-wave.me.

I think this sensors are really bad.
    I only have had problem with them.
    I had similar problems along with
    - very difficult to include / exclude
    - Device trampled over existing z-wave devices
    - light hangs in the ON state quite often

Caused a load of problems requiring a rebuild of my HS system - I would avoid adding to HS and just use them as floods

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    I have just checked mine. They are both firmware 1.0

This is what my associations look like, I have not changed them and they work fine

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kernal69
    replied
    Strange that yours works without removing group2 associaction.
    If i keep it the whole z-wave network goes down and nothing works.
    One of mine also stucks sometime.
    But i only use the "Reset application status" and it works again.
    I have found out that this one have firmware 0.48 and my other have 1.0.
    I have contacted Steinel for firmware update file but i have not yet got any.

Yes i have excluded one of them and included it again but the problem remains.
    No errors then i include them but as i said if i don't remove group2 association directly after everything goes wrong.
    Maybe it's a combination with my controler.
    I use z-wave.me.

I think this sensors are really bad.
    I only have had problem with them.

Leave a comment:

• mikee123
    replied
    I have 2 of those (bought only a few months ago). I never changed any associations, and they work fine. The only problem I have with them, and I suspect its not the sensor but problems with my network, they get 'stuck' and need a power cycle to work again. I have temporarilt solved this problem by powering them via a on/off module, and if the lux value they report does not update for 1 hour an event will power cycle them. But, as I said, I had a faulty motion sensor on my network which was flooding the network and causing all sorts of issues. I do not know yet if that was causing the Steinels to get stuck, I need more time to see if they trigger the power cycle event, that only happend every few days.

Have you tried excluding them, and including close to the Z-Net or whatever you use ? Maybe they have not included properly. Did you see any errors when you inluded them ?

Leave a comment:

• Kernal69
    started a topic steinel z-wave outdoor sensor

steinel z-wave outdoor sensor

I have some outdoor sensors Steinel IS 140-2 that is connected with z-wave.
    Homeseer detect them as notification sensors with unknown manufacturer.
    They works but strange things happens.
    First then i adds them with homeseer it will associat them to group 1 , 2 ,3 to homeseer.
    This does not work without removing group 2.
    After that all works.
    But after a while all associations disappears suddenly and no sensor data is reported to homeseer.
    I can still turn on and off switch.
    Why is this happen ?

And if i rescan the sensor sometimes associations are added but also other child devices are added that i did not have before and that is not relevant for the sensor.
    Why is this happen ?

And one more question.
    Is there a way to add this unknown manufacture to Homeseer so it is detected correctly ?
    Is there some kind of database or must Homeseer company do this ?

Working...
X