Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get notified on reboot

Howdy,

I would like to get a notification when the hub is rebooted - or specifically, I would like to get notified when there has been a power outage. I havent found the uptime anywhere. In other solutions, you get notified when the hub eventually reconnects with the cloud. Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
    Bryan

What do you mean by the "hub"? Is it your HS box? A peripheral?
    There is a script that runs when HS starts up, named 'Startup.vb'. I have that script run an event, which among other things, starts an uptime timer. When the timer gets to 10 minutes it triggers an event that sends me a text message that HS has restarted. Is that what you are looking for?
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I use an Event to send a Pushover message whenever HomeSeer starts. The Event is triggered by the Startup script. It could just as easily send an email. I know there was some discussion of adding this monitoring to MyHS, but it has not been added yet. If you go to myhs.homeseer.com, you can verify whether or not HomeSeer is online, but there is no automated notification.

You might want to request this with a support ticket to support@homeseer.com
      HS4 Pro, 4.2.19.16 Windows 10 pro, Supermicro LP Xeon

Comment

Originally posted by bryan View Post
        I would like to get notified when there has been a power outage.
        Knowing if HS as rebooted will tell you that power is back. Depending on how critical that information is to you, you could use an APC UPS battery back-up for your "hub", modem end router. Then use the very useful "APCUPSD" plug-in to really be notified when power goes out.

Comment

Originally posted by rprade View Post
          I use an Event to send a Pushover message whenever HomeSeer starts. The Event is triggered by the Startup script. It could just as easily send an email. I know there was some discussion of adding this monitoring to MyHS, but it has not been added yet. If you go to myhs.homeseer.com, you can verify whether or not HomeSeer is online, but there is no automated notification.

You might want to request this with a support ticket to support@homeseer.com
          Same here!

Comment

I notify me the same way as others above. I also set a global variable with the current date and time when the reboot occurs. So I can always look at that global variable to see when HS has last been restarted.

Comment

Hello

Also with mcsMqtt, Nodered and Node Pusbullet

Jean-Francois;.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 01-10-20 at 05.52 PM.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	1353313

Comment

I use BLLogmonitor and trigger an email when the HS3 log sees “start up complete”

Comment

For restart, edit the scripts/startup.vb and send yourself an email. This will let you know it has started.

Comment

My S6 Pro system is no longer loading at startup or after a reboot, BLshutdown included. I reviewed the startup file Startup.vb and all looks good.

I tried the following:
                    • Shell:startup – adding HS4 into the startup folder
                    • Shell:startupcommon – adding HS4 into the startup folder
                    • Task manger – startup – enabled for HS4
                    • Regedit – HKEYLOCAL MACHINE and USER – adding string to launch HS4 or HS4.exe at startup on both Run and RunOnce
                    • Even tried an sfc /scannow to see if there is a file issue.
                    • Uninstalled/reinstalled HS4 over the HS3 folder - several times
                    And then initiate a reboot...

Anyone know of something else I can try other than boot load the factory image of HS3?

I want to add the same event and counter you all have when the system restarts. Need to get it working again before hand though.

Comment

Task Scheduler?

Comment

Working...
                      X