Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Control Needed!

I need a solution to (thru networked computers);

1) Have homeseer open winamp and start waking my boys during the weekdays, getting louder the longer they ignore it (maybe changing the sound file to a crying baby if they ignore it for x amount of time, on time I can set).

2)Allow wife to (thru touch screen also) select a networked computer and tell him to come to dinner. Play a pre recorded sound file "go to bed you boys) at the touch of a button (in the room they are noisey in).

3) See if computer is being used, or is on, and if its too late (possibly pre-determined time, like school nite) and then send a pop-up screen telling them the computer will go off in xx minutes (the comp monitor will be their TV, so I want to be able to cut off internet or cable service whenever I want. Maybe even for a week if they are grounded.

Too much? If so, I'll have to resort to manual beatings again, but our new house will make for a bit more walking (and the new neighbors don't need to hear us yelling at the boys every 10 minutes)

jbc

also... the time is wrong.

I posted this message @ 9:12 am, and it shows 5:11 pm?

Comment

Check out the Message Server plugin.

1) You can send a command line to start up winamp. You can also send keys to control the volume. I use it to send the command line to run DVD Profiler and then send keys to have DVD Profiler output its data to a file.

2) I have a web page that allows typing in what you want said and then selecting a client computer using Message Server where it can speak it.
      You can send a command line to play a wav file or just send the text and have it spoken.

3) Message Server knows if the client is connected. And it is easy to send a popup message telling them its time to go to bed.

For blocking the Internet access you can look at your router/firewall to do that. I use a linksys 4 port firewall and the kids internet access turns off at 8 PM each night.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

you rock

Thas great. I'll try that plug-on out (that sound funny?).
        Thanks.
        jbc

Comment

Working...
        X