Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low voltage landscape control

Good evening!
    I’ve been googling for hours. I need to replace my outdoor low voltage landscape light transformer. I’d like to have three separately controllable zones that I can schedule and turn on/off from. HS and hopefully Alexa. I’ve seen one model by Lumion (SST-150) that seems to fit the bill, but there are many others including one by GE. Does anyone have any experience with these? I’m powering 12V and LED lighting.

Keep it simple. I have three different 12 LV area light setups. They use three different cheap dumb LV transformers. They plug into a Zwave controlled outlets and hence are easily controlled by HS and automate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Another option would be one of the relays/dry contact modules which uses the technology of your choice and control the zones that way. Personally, I use multiple transformers, each plugged into a different z-wave receptacle but my zones are discrete areas and that was easier than running 1-200' low voltage lines around the house. Plus it was cheaper to get kits with the transformers in them than it was to buy the extra lights I needed separately.
      Karl S
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      1070 Devices
      56 Z-Wave Nodes
      104 Events
      HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
      Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Originally posted by srodgers View Post
        Keep it simple. I have three different 12 LV area light setups. They use three different cheap dumb LV transformers. They plug into a Zwave controlled outlets and hence are easily controlled by HS and automate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        This is what I have done. I have a few of the GE outdoor modules and just leave the light controller in "always on", setup the events to control the module. KISS

Comment

Are there any considerations with respect to being able to dim the lights? Can one "dim" the transformer or does it need to be between the transformer and the load?
          HomeSeer Version: HS4 Pro Edition 4.2.19.0 (Windows - Running as a Service)
          Home Assistant 2024.3
          Operating System: Microsoft Windows 11 Pro - Desktop
          Z-Wave Devices via two Z-Net G3s
          Zigbee Devices via RaspBee on RPi 3b+
          WiFi Devices via Internal Router.

Enabled Plug-Ins
          AK GoogleCalendar 4.0.4.16,AK HomeAssistant 4.0.1.23,AK SmartDevice 4.0.5.1,AK Weather 4.0.5.181,AmbientWeather 3.0.1.9,Big6 3.44.0.0,BLBackup 2.0.64.0,BLGData 3.0.55.0,BLLock 3.0.39.0,BLUPS 2.0.26.0,Device History 4.5.1.1,EasyTrigger 3.0.0.76,Harmony Hub 4.0.14.0,HSBuddy 4.51.303.0,JowiHue 4.1.4.0,LG ThinQ 4.0.26.0,ONVIF Events 1.0.0.5,SDJ-Health 3.1.1.9,TPLinkSmartHome4 2022.12.30.0,UltraCID3 3.0.6681.34300,Z-Wave 4.1.3.0

Comment

Here went to Meanwell DIN mounted dual 12VDC power supplies connected to zones of LED lamps. These were indoors and used a power strip and one UPB module configured as an appliance module (relay - ON and OFF - no dimming). This is documented here on the forum from many many years ago.

Currently testing an outdoor DC 12VDC LED power supply. Not really sure that I like it.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Working...
            X