Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparkman
    replied
    I have well over 100 zwave devices in my network including those same original Leviton zwave switches and dimmers. My network is responsive and no issues with connectivity even to the far reaches of the house. From my perspective, there’s no need to replace them.

Leave a comment:

• ksum
    replied
    If you are on your internet provider's WiFi unit you may run into a limit on the number of devices which can connect to it. Especially at 80+ doing with you phone(s), laptops, etc. So you may need to add am access point.

​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Club Chapin
    started a topic Wifi vs zwave Devices

Wifi vs zwave Devices

I'm a long term zwave user, running mostly Leviton Original Vizia Zwave devices. I always have one or two that can't seem to connect. Some don't take static routes. Often, the whole zwave network is slow to respond, 10+ second between Alexa command and action. (non zwave devices are nearly instantaneous.) I think that zwave+ looks a lot better. I figure that at some point I will switch to Zwave+, Zigbee, or Radio RA2 (or 3 by the time I get to it.) I see a lot of wifi devices now, for example Leviton Light switches and also Amazon and other branded wifi devices that work directly with Echo.

Can these wifi devices work directly with homeseer? I have one plug in wifi device that I would like to try.

Does anyone have any experience running 80ish nodes of wifi vs 80ish nodes of zwave (or zigbee or Radio Ra?) It would be nice to have a system with instant status from a device, which I believe Lutron used to hold a patent on (I think that has expired?) and why my 2007 era zwave does not support this.

At any rate, do these wifi devies work with home seer and how reliable and responsive are they compared to the other control schemes available?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question. Wasn't sure where else to post it.

Thanks.
Working...
X