ZRC90-US Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZRC90-US Remote

Does anyone know if this remote will work with HS3? I got it to come in once but the buttons would not work. Tried exclude/include and it would not come in at all the second time. Reset it and tried again and still no go. Using L button to include as per the manual. R to remove. Thanks

I have three of them and they're flawless. Press once for "A", press twice for "B" or whatever you want. I believe had problems because he had too many devices or too many nodes. I have two z-nets with 48 nodes on one and about 20 on the other.

Comment

Originally posted by racerfern View Post
      I have three of them and they're flawless. Press once for "A", press twice for "B" or whatever you want. I believe had problems because he had too many devices or too many nodes. I have two z-nets with 48 nodes on one and about 20 on the other.
      What buttons did you use to get it to work. I just included it and it shows 2 child devices. A battery one and a central scene. The central seen doesn't show any button presses after a button is pressed.

Comment

Here's three screenshots that should explain: The long list goes to 8003

Note that the properties shown are by clicking on the Scene child not the root

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 03-02-20 at 04.45 PM.PNG
Views:	137
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	1367659

Name:	Screen Shot 03-02-20 at 04.47 PM.PNG
Views:	133
Size:	101.7 KB
ID:	1367660

Name:	Screen Shot 03-02-20 at 04.48 PM.PNG
Views:	132
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	1367661

Comment

racerfern Do you have to press a button and then while it is blinking press it again? In the youtube video Randy made he showed pressing a button and the LED blinks and while it is blinking he pressed the same button again and then it showed that button had been pressed. If you just press a button once and not during when the LED blinks it does not show a button press. This remote used to work when you pressed a button once and it showed a button press the first time. What happened?

Comment

I only press the button once, never had to press twice.

I never had a problem with mine. In fact I shipped one of mine to for testing. It ended up being his network having a lot of devices IIRC. I have two z-nets one with about 48 devices and the other with about 20. I've never had a problem. I think you NEED to stay below 50 devices.

Comment

I think you NEED to stay below 50 devices.
              I just checked and I have 44 nodes. So I am not sure why it is not working as it did before. Thanks for the replies.

Comment

Check your log for z-wave errors of transmitting or receiving. I just checked, I have 47 devices on one and 21 on the other.

Comment

Check your log for z-wave errors of transmitting or receiving. I just checked, I have 47 devices on one and 21 on the other.
                  I haven't seen any errors. I am going to try it again and watch the logs. Did you have to set it as a secondary device first? I have tried to do a reset by holding down the R button until LED goes on and then off and then 3 quick presses of R. It seems to reset but after inclusion no button pushes are shown. Tried secure and non-secure.

EDIT: I just tried again. I did a reset on it first. I got the same results as I stated in post 5. Something might have changed in the driver, don't know. No errors in log.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just did a regular inclusion like any other device. After you reset it, pull the batteries, and when you go to include be very close to your controller. It has great range but I usually have battery operated devices very close to the controller when including.

You have a Smartstick, z-net or something else?

Comment

This is with HS3 yes?

Comment

This is with HS3 yes?
                        Yes I have HS3. I use the smartstick+. I have tried it at a few feet and right next to the stick. I have 2 of them so I did a reset on both. Included one got 2 child devices. Included the second and got 2 child devices as well. Neither one shows a button press.

Comment

Do you have any other controller you can try? Smartthings?

any thoughts or suggestions?

Comment

Do you have any other controller you can try? Smartthings?

any thoughts or suggestions?
                            I have a bunch of minimotes working great in HS3.

Comment

Working...
                            X