HomeSeer support for scenes with Somfy Motors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HomeSeer support for scenes with Somfy Motors

I have tried programming my HomeSeer scenes to move Somfy Sonesse 30 rollers up and down and have concluded that HS sends wrong codes to the shades. I see 255 sent instead of 99 which is what I configured the z-wave shade device with.
    When I perform testing with events, the events respect the setting in z-wave shade device and send proper codes of 0-Off, 99-On, and 1255-Stop, and this makes things work. (Well, except the stop button)

Is this s known problem for this interface with scenes? Is there any remedy for scenes?

Thank you
    Tomasz

This is done with Somfy Z-Wave to RTS interface (model 1811265).

My HS is:
    Current Date/Time: 2/8/2020 7:38:36 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.548
    Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 6 Hours 45 Minutes 56 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.248.50
    Number of Devices: 163
    Number of Events: 4
    Available Threads: 199
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.56: DSC Security
    3.0.3.8: Ecobee Thermostat Plugin
    3.0.3.15: Rachio Irrigation Plugin
    3.0.3.9: Utilities Plugin
    3.0.1.252: Z-Wave

TomaszZ can you send a snapshot of the status/graphics page of a blind for reference please. I have this fully functional with my Somfy blinds here at home in Denver. The only item I found not valid is the my preset that you cannot set a status graphic for because the Zwave logic on understands 0-255.

Comment

Hi, are you using the stop button and is it working as well? Please share your device config if it does.
      I have concluded that 'stop' function actually does not work for me for some reason even with events that do send the assigned code of 1255.

The graphics are a mess, I agree, I could not figure out what graphics/code combination to assign to make it display the right graphics with the right status. As if the feedback from the blind was not provided to the controller when it stops or perhaps even moves. I am attaching my graphics but they are not working in combination with the status label. Notice that the Status labels says ON all the time.

And, I have inverted the default mapping as it was more intuitive for me to associate On/Down as blind down motion, Off/Up as blind up motion. For some reason the default config was backwards.

On pressed and the blind came down:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	blindsDown-On.png Views:	0 Size:	27.1 KB ID:	1365319
      Off pressed and the blind came up:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	blindsUp-Off.png Views:	0 Size:	21.3 KB ID:	1365320
      The configuration:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	graphicsConfig.png
Views:	569
Size:	314.4 KB
ID:	1365331
      Attached Files

Comment

Try setting 1255 = Stop on the Switch Multilevel device and not the Switch and see what occurs. That's where I had to set mine for stop to work.

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	569
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1365356

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Views:	566
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	1365357
        Len

HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
        Linux version: Linux homeseer Ubuntu 16.04 x86_64
        Number of Devices: 633
        Number of Events: 773

Enabled Plug-Ins
        2.0.54.0: BLBackup
        2.0.40.0: BLLAN
        3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
        30.0.0.36: RFXCOM
        3.0.6.2: SDJ-Health
        3.0.0.87: weatherXML
        3.0.1.190: Z-Wave

Comment

Thank you lveatch, this is interesting that that stop setting works on Multilevel control only. Worked for me as well - behaves like a "my button" on the remote moving the blind to the preconfigured position when not in motion (when pressed) , and stopping it when in motion.
          Gracias!

Comment

Here is my snapshot. Setting your stop function to not specified in switch multilevel is how mine work. See attached.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello All, I am new to Somfy and i want to try them out. my question is, can you specify a position for the curtains using Somfy Zwave like 50% open for example, or 10% open, or it only support Open and Close?

many thanks,

Comment

With the somfy zwave you can set anything from 0% to 100%. The RTS only have open, close, and home wich can be any position you program

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                  With the somfy zwave you can set anything from 0% to 100%. The RTS only have open, close, and home wich can be any position you program
                  I am sorry, i didn't get this right, you mean if i am using the somfy zwave i can set up on favourite position? Something like 50% for example?
                  Or do you mean i can set any position between 0% and 100% at any time?

Comment

Below is how my Somfy z-wave shades show up in HS4. There is a simple on/off switch but also a multilevel switch. The multilevel switch you can set to 0%, 1%, 2%, 3%...., 100%. Or you can also put it to the last setting which I never use. Note that with certain sheer shades you have to use something like 3-4% to close them completely (ours are in the 'open / see through position ' if they are set to 0%). If your shades work the same then make sure you get a remote that has a 'home button' so you can program it that it goes to the 3-4% position.

I also have an outdoor shade and a couple of awnings that use Somfy RTS motors (as of today Somfy still doesn't seem to make any z-wave 'outdoor' approved motors). The RTS motors use RF instead of Z-wave. These RTS motors don't have the option to set x %. The only options they have is on, off, home where home is a position you can program. I know you said you are interested in the z-wave motors but I just wanted to make sure you understand that the RTS motors don't allow the kind of control you get with the z-wave motors.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mulu View Post
                      Below is how my Somfy z-wave shades show up in HS4. There is a simple on/off switch but also a multilevel switch. The multilevel switch you can set to 0%, 1%, 2%, 3%...., 100%. Or you can also put it to the last setting which I never use. Note that with certain sheer shades you have to use something like 3-4% to close them completely (ours are in the 'open / see through position ' if they are set to 0%). If your shades work the same then make sure you get a remote that has a 'home button' so you can program it that it goes to the 3-4% position.

I also have an outdoor shade and a couple of awnings that use Somfy RTS motors (as of today Somfy still doesn't seem to make any 'outdoor' approved motors for outside). The RTS motors use RF instead of Z-wave. These RTS motors don't have the option to set x %. The only options they have is on, off, home where home is a position you can program. I know you said you are interested in the z-wave motors but I just wanted to make sure you understand that the RTS motors don't allow the kind of control you get with the z-wave motors.
                      Many thanks for your help..... I was confused cause i contacted Somfy support and they said controlling Somfy through Zwave can give me 3 commands only, Up, Down and stop..... And i even can't save a favourite position....
                      I also asked them about reporting back position if you use a normal remote control, and they said the zwave device will not capture current/new position if you use remote control

Comment

I can't vouch that what I wrote applies to the Somfy z-wave motors you are inquiring about. Having said that, Somfy is a large company that has things pretty much standardized worldwide (beside a few different frequencies for the RTS motors). It's more likely that the person you spoke to was confused. I had a similar experience with the remotes where Somfy gave me wrong information (they said their basic remote has the home button but it actually doesn't, i.e. there is just an up and down button). And there was some other incorrect information they provided.

The z-wave motors to report back the position. For instance if HS tells the shades to go to x% but then I use the remote to change the position I will see the new position in HS. That's not the case with the RTS motors. That's kind of annoying because when the wind sensor retracts my awnings I don't see this in HS. But again, these are the RTS motors.

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Somfy ZDMI and Homeseer (HS3 or HS4). ZDMI is Z-wave to Digital Motor Interface, for integration with SDN Somfy Digital Network, to allow 2-way communication and control, including real-time shade status.

https://www.somfysystems.com/en-us/p...interface-zdmi

thank you,

Comment

Working...
                          X